Interesting facts about the birthday boy:
1. Mr Ratburn was born in Yonkers, NY
2. He in fact is a teacher.
3. He loves beer.
4. Mr Ratburn has two younger sisters who he was mean to when they were younger. He has since made amends.
5. He is a good jewish boy! Oy!
6. Mr Ratburn is buying a kayak this summer.
7. Mr Ratburn had never been out of North America until 2007 when he came to India with me.
8. Mr Ratburn loves coffee.
9. He is 6' tall.
10. When he was in his 20's, he had flaming red shoulder length curly Shirley Temple hair! Well, it looked a lot more like a lion's mane to me.
11. He met his wife, aka Susiestheboss, at a Grateful Dead show in 1984.
12. As tokens of baksheesh, he is owns a sitar, tablas, a soorangi, and a mandolin that I brought back for him from India. He also has an awesome classical guitar which I bought him for his birthday about 20 years ago, and a bass guitar that a friend gave him.
Happy Birthday, Mr Ratburn!