Monday, September 26, 2005

...and I'm OK......












I'm a lumberjack
and I'm OK I sleep all night and I work all day.
He's a lumberjack and he's OK He sleeps all night and he works all day.
I cut down trees, I eat my lunch I go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea
He cut down trees, he eat his lunch He go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays he go shopping and has buttered scones for tea.
He's a lumberjack and he's OK He sleeps all night and he works all day.
I cut down trees, I skip and jump I like to press wild flowers.
I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars.
He cuts down trees, he skips and jumps He likes to press wild flowers.
He puts on women's clothing and hangs around in bars?!
He's a lumberjack and he's OK He sleeps all night and he works all day.
I cut down trees, I wear high heels Suspenders and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear papa!
He cuts down trees, he wears high heels?!
Suspenders...and a bra?!
...He's a lumberjack and he's OK........

Ok, you get the picture....see, I have this stubborn willow tree growing right next to my yurt, (note in photo)...it fell down once, and grew back all spindly.....I dont like how some of the main trunks are leaning precariously toward Yurt I..(more on Yurt II later)...so, I decided to chop them down. I have a saw that I bought over 20 years ago, and it's never been sharpened.....(note unclean cut on trunk photo)...so the lovely Joy and I decided we'd hack it down with that old saw and a ...whatdayacallit type saw that lumberjacks use.....now you've all seen that commerical where the guy saws down a giant tree and it falls on his car? Not going to happen here, folks!
Joy, who's got more muscles than any other woman I know, shimmies up into the tree and ties a rope to the trunk whos life we are after. Sawing and sawing and sawing.....Long story short, two sweaty women, one felled tree.....(see victim in photo above)
I'm supposed to be sewing....but hey, gotta protect the yurt! I'm buying a chainsaw!

3 comments:

Logophile said...

oooooh give me a yurt,
where I'll enjoy some yogurt;
where no trees or chain saws alarm.
Where I can wear a saree,
Eat sushi wrapped in nori;
And have Susie keep me safe from all harm.

lime said...

let's hear it for she-ra and her assitant!

Perdante said...

Oh aunt susie, you so crazy....