Monday, January 16, 2006

Me Me Monday



It's all about me, so deal with it!



I love the beach! I have always lived near the ocean. Mostly the Pacific Ocean, but I have also lived on an Island in the Gulf of Alaska, near the Red Sea, and the North Atlantic Ocean.
Growing up near the beach in Southern California, I spent thousands of hours roasting in the sun, yes, with baby oil and iodine! Thank goodness I am not the burning type. Every summer, my sister, friends and I would ride our bikes to the beach. I loved to splash in the waves, play frisbee, and just hang out with my friends.
When I moved to Northern California, I soon learned that the beaches here are an entirely different thing. No bikinis involved here! Oh no, a day at the beach here usually involves a warm jacket. You don't want to go swimming here either, it's freezing, the waves and riptide are entirely too dangerous, and besides, the biggest deterrent of all, SHARKS! Yes, sharks!

I've lived here for almost 14 years, and I have never, will never go into the Pacific Ocean up here!
















Anyway, here I am at the beach yesterday! (Click on the pic for the giant version so you can see how darned cute I am!) Have a great Monday everyone!

14 comments:

Perdante said...

OH MY ...water monsters

Perdante said...

ALso..OH SHI- you look like my MOTHER how can that be?

Sidewaysagain said...

Hey there, did you see Tori on Breakfast With The Arts on Sunday? She sang 3 songs: Orange Knickers, Butterfly, and one more. I was hoping they would interview her, but no such luck. I really enjoyed her performance, although her lyrics are wacky and her singing was a little limited range-wise. Probably due to it being live and all. Anyway, Great Stuff. Hope you saw it. -SSS

Logophile said...

I love the beach too!
We have jacket beaches here as well. One of my favorite memories of a trip to Cali as a teen is the beach, some local guy taught me to body surf, and the beach was awesome!

Fig said...

Never been to the west coast myself, but a beach were you have to wear a jacket sounds like my kinda beach.

And damn you're cute!

S said...

That elven person up there is my niece, (in case you were all wondering why I look like her mom!)

SSS, I didn't see Tori...no TV Channels here....her lyrics are not wacky, they are poetic, and filled with meaning, you just have to look deeper! :P

Yeah, Logo, gotta love those So Cal warm beaches.

Thanks Lily, tee hee! :P

W. C. Jack said...

You ARE darned cute!
The sharks just don't know what they are missin'.
:)

lime said...

i love the ocean too. and the california coast is stunning. but yeah, we don't want youto be shark chow, tat would ruin a good day at the beach. as would hypothermia

TLP said...

Yep. You're a cutie!

Bsoholic said...

I saw Tori on that Breakfast With The Arts thing, and I thought of you!

Great pictures, if I lived near a beach that wasn't good for swimming, I'd probably take up fishing. Yup, that sounds like fun!

Stephanie said...

You are freaking adorable!!

I don't swim in oceans anywhere because of sharks. Yes, they can get into pools!! :P

S said...

Sharks can get into pools, snavs? Oh man,that does it, I am never swimming again!

Hobbes said...

Oh well, at least it looks beautiful.
weirsdo

The Village Idiot said...

beach babe...From Venice to Seb to The Marin Headlands....

Nice jacket too!

Oh, and yeah you are a cutie!!!