Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Quit Playing With Your Food HNT!

Ever since high school, when I first laid eyes on a giant food sculpture, I have been hooked on messing with sizes of objects . I love the idea of big things made small, and small things made big. Made from scenery muslin, paint and wire, that 6 foot tall Hersheys chocolate bar made quite an impression on my textilian brain and imagination.
In college, I made a 5 foot square poached egg on toast sculpture, made from burlap, satin, cotton felt and foam rubber, and, while not too tasty, one could say that breakfast item was quite a mouthful!
Now in my life I find myself attracted to size again....I want to make a giant plate of velvet spaghetti, or monstrous fuzzy french fries that can double as pillows, or shrink stuff so small that I am larger than that item. Ok all this size talk is making me hungry.......who's ready for a cheeseburger?

Har har har! Extra DEE LUXE with all the trimmings? Ready or not, here I come! How can I look like such a lady while about to devour that cheeseburger? OK, who's gonna help me with this thing? It too bigga eat!
Happy HNT Everyone and may all your cheeseburgers be giant!
OK and I wouldn't be a business woman if I didn't point out the new linky on my sidebar to my online store, which is brand new! Run on over and check it out! I know you want ruffle pants, G~man, to go with your dupatta!

30 comments:

tm said...

That is an adorable picture of you. And I am suddenly craving a cheeseburger.
HHNT

Michelle said...

that is sooo cool!!! yeah...suddenly I, too, want a cheeseburger....and ruffle pants!! LOL

HHNT :)

G-Man said...

MISTRESS!!
Ruffle fricken Pants?

Susie, I'll try and keep an open mind OK?

I'll check the catalog out...

Blissfully Wed said...

That is a tasty burger. ;)

HHNT!

~Him

T - Another Geek Girl said...

Now I'm hungry. Crap!
Very creative. You should go into marketing for restaurants!

HHNT!

Mona said...

WOW... pillow sized french fries wud be my favouritest...YUM YUM!
Hey mistress...I gave a detailed knowlege to mr knowitall about the dupatta. Do you think that makes me his wikipedia?

lime said...

send me the hershey bar!

HHNT

G-Man said...

Ya know...Whenever I visit Mona or Susie, I hear Sitar music in my head! And yes Mona, you are my Indian Wikepedia!

To You Both...XOXO

~art said...

hhnt

Ag said...

MMMMM nice and the burger is not bad either.

HHNT

BKS said...

As good as that cheese burger looks, I am betting the dish beside it is much better

Mark Leslie said...

Mmm, cheeseburgers and large sized food creations!!! BTW, you're great with that Photoshop thingy you've been doing. Happy HNT!

CozyMama said...

you ate the whole thing, didn't you???

HAHAHA!!!

HHNT

Come see mine!!!

Anonymous said...

This is so cool susie.
It looks delicious as long as it's a veggie burger.lol
You RAWK!
tc

Cosima said...

Hmmm... tasty!

Happy HNT!

jillie said...

I never thought that I would want to eat something like that so early in the morning...guess I should have eaten breakfast...well, I guess it's time for linner...

Cute picture Susie. I agree with Christie on her comment. You're so creative!

DaMasta said...

Oooo!! A french fry pillow sounds super cool! I'd totally buy one!

Happy HNT suz!

barman said...

If you come with every cheeseburger than, "I WANT ONE". :)

I love the concept. I have played with picture taking to cause that affect, you know subject close to lens with background distant. It is always interesting but none as interesting is this. Nice HNT.

jillie said...

Bet you can't guess what I had for lunch....lmao

Regal said...

Is that a Big Mac? Happy HNT

Stealth said...

Can I have you for desert with my burger???? ;)

Anonymous said...

Yum!! I love cheeseburgers!!
HHNT :)

Mona said...

susie..WAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!...you are wearing ruffle pants here & there they are ruffling feathers at my blog...all of them over that new post1..Sniff sniff...I dont want them to fight amongst themselves....!!!! what shall I do...BWWWWAAAALLLL!

tkkerouac said...

How do you do that? put yourself in a picture? Great idea!

~Tim said...

Don't tell me you eat the giant cheeseburgers and fries with a diet coke....

HHNT!

Anonymous said...

I would attempt to eat a burger that large but I'm not all that right in the head.

Dan said...

I think I'm gonna hurl.

Logophile said...

OK, call me a freak (waits for it) alright then, I know it wouldn't smell but the idea of waking up to old french fry smell is making me feel funny
>:p bleck

cathy said...

I gained 2lbs just looking at that burger.

Anonymous said...

GAH! I haven't had a cheeseburger in over a year!

No supersize tyvm!