Monday, December 25, 2006

Happy Happy Happy Bangalore!


Good morning from Bangalore, it's Christmas day....too weird, I am sitting at the computer in my hotel lobby, this totally Charlie Brown Christmas tree next to me....skinny little Santas running around the streets...people wondering why I am not at church...nope, not me.

I hope you are all having a wonderful day...as you know it is not Christmas there yet...Santa must be making his way to your house as I write this!

My only plans for today are to rest and then Karen and I may go over to Mahesh and Sushmas house later for a little Trivial Pursuit. That boy, he just wants to play so he can kick all of our asses, he's totally a trivia master. I'll bet there are no textile topics in his game, and he probably went in and took out all the art q's before I get there!

Tomorrow we fly to Mangalore to visit some rascally pals. I cant wait to lie on the beach and check out the newest FabIndia in Mangalore! Hear that, Kish and Mamta, FabIndia you are taking me to! And that Co-optex place with the sarees that went out with the Grateful Dead, we are going there too! See you two tomorrow!

Yesterday Karen and I had a billion errands to do just like every other Bangalorean, so we did spend some time sitting in traffic in the rickshaw. Only in India can you have a 5 minute conversation with the guy onthe motorcycle or in the other rickky next to you...hilarious! We are having a lot of fun, and Karen is making me rest...I just keep getting every germ imaginable! But I am ok..do not fear!

SO now I will try to steal the picture that is on the front page of the India times this morning, a sadhu and a santa...let me see if I can find it...it's hilarious...nope still trying but this will do for now...see you all and have a lovely day!

I especially want to wish my Little Rita a wonderful Christmas day! That poor little kid, her mom runs off to India, and her dad takes her to Florida where his family celebrates Hannukah! What a good sport you are, little Rita, I love you so! Have fun at Disneyworld my sweet little girl! Kisses to you Mister Ratburn!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

14 comments:

mr ratburn said...

merry xmas my love..
we are in sunny florida..and yes we did celebrate xmas eve here by seeing a light show of santas and a simulated north pole( in a park filled with palm tress and alligators) but, hey.. it was xmas-y..lov the you and karen
g

Anonymous said...

Feliz Natal Susie.

Queenmatrai said...

Have fun and have a merry chrismukkah

noojes

RennyBA said...

Thanks for keeping us posted. What a funny world: Your almost done with your Christmas day, in Norway its just started and back at your home they are at sleep. It sure is spinning.

Have fun:-)

Anonymous said...

So fun to have our Christmas Chocolate together then DHL and smog...could it get any better! Ha! Shopping of course!

Photocat said...

merry merry christmas...from your snoring, stinky shoed room-mate!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Susie. Good luck with the Trivial Pursuit! LOL Talk to ya later.
TG

Logophile said...

mwah!
Best wishes to you all for HEALTHY happy hols.
Susie, stop getting sick, its old already! :p

Breazy said...

Merry Christmas to you too! Hope you quit catching all the sick germs and have a wonderful trip!

BTExpress said...

Merry Christmas Susie!

Anonymous said...

merry christmas susie! i know it's boxing day by now but i hope you and karen had fun! make sure you tell mahesh hello for me!

Hobbes said...

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, and a wonderful new year to you and yours! We also played Trivial Pursuit on Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Susie-Q! I love the Sandy Claus. We had both our Moms overnight on x-mas eve and opened presents together on x-mas morn. Then off to the movies. We wanted to see Will Smith's new flick, but it was sold out (front row only) so we took the girls to see The Queen. Back to work today. I'm feeling a little holiday hungover. Adios muchacha

Anonymous said...

We missed you agin this year! Merry X-mas