Thursday, December 21, 2006

Mysore! Mysore! Mysore!

Mysore Palace, which is lit up every Sunday night! (stolen pic)

Well kids, I made it to Mysore and I think I am going to survive this Delhi Belly thing....but mannnnnnn I was a bit worried for a few days! I am even more skinny now, thankyou!
So, Mysore...what to say...used to be a mellow little town and now it's hustlng, bustling noisy and crowded. I was sorta looking forward to some peace and quiet but that is not gonna happen!
We are waiting for the palace to open, as it is closed in the afternoon because it is so hot. Just like siesta in Mexico.
I am listening to Tori Amos' Scarlets Walk, my favorite c/d to have in India. Wow, it really does fit well for strolling...what? Tori for India? Well it was my most comforting music for my first lonely visits to India, and even now, when I listen to it in the US, it still reminds me of India. Pick out your cloud, babies!
OK what else.....if you run over to Karens blog you will get pictures...I just dont have the patience for posting pics in India, it takes forever.
Tomorrow I will ride the tiger....I mean the elephants at the palace. That was a Pixies reference for those of you that dont know...:P
Leave it to Youtube to change the video posting to blog format as we were coming over here, so I have no idea how to make that happen now! I hate changes! However, stay posted as very soon I will have a little movie on my blog to show you...getting help with that of course.
Since I cant post my own pics I will steal another...brb!
Nandi the Bull at Chamundi Hills
I give good steal dont I? Heh! Ok people, that's about it for now...more tomorrow after the elephant ride and Chamundi Hills, which has 1,00o steps to the top, Nandi is about halfway. No NO I shall not walk UP the hill, only down! That alone is enough to increase your calf size by an inch for a day! Pump you up!
Take care betas!
Special kisses for Mister Ratburn and Little Rita! Clean that hamster cage missy!
XX

13 comments:

Photocat said...

Miss Susie, my brave understander of certain Hindi words...my defender...off to the Palace!

lime said...

you do indeed give good steal. i'm really glad you are feeling better!

jillie said...

Great find or should I say "steal"...hope that belly dancing is on the mend!

~art said...

glad to hear your feeling better and having a good time

Logophile said...

Very nice pics,
glad you're feeling better and having a good time.
What were you defending Karen from?

Anonymous said...

Wow! Look at this! Nice stuff!

Nandi the Bull reminds me of Barney! RUN!!!!!

Sidewaysagain said...

Glad to hear your feeling better now. Makes me think of all the strange stuff I ate in Thialand and never gave it a second thought. Boy was I lucky! I guess I drank enought booze to kill all the bad stuff.

Happy Trails Susie. -SSS

RennyBA said...

Great to know you survived the this Delhi Belly thing - so are you doing belly dancing on the elephant then?

Breazy said...

so glad to hear you are feeling better. Have a fun time and stay safe!

AndyT13 said...

Sweet! HHNT and happy/merry babe!

Stephanie said...

Heya Susie baby!!!

Stay well -- that's an order missy!

S said...

I think I will live, peeps! Hurray!

I had to defend Karen because she didnt want to buy a flute from a man, he called her a chodi...thats fucker...
She told me so I yelled at him Hey, and when he looked I flipped him off....stupied little shit!
:P
I am going to ride a camel and an elephant today! Stay tuned!

Anonymous said...

When you listen to Scarlet Walks here it makes you think of India, does that mean when you listen to it in India it makes you think of here?
just askin..lol
Enjoy.
tc