Saturday, November 05, 2005

Favorite picture of the Weekend!


I took this picture in Bangalore in December 2003. The newspaper cones are filled with puffed rice, and a little pot of coal sits inside the basket to keep the rice warm. The other basket is filled with prayer booklets, or something like that! :P
I just had a really cheap camera that year, so my photos were not so great. This one though, I have always loved because here we have this traditional, simple man amidst one of the most modern cities in India. Also, his red clothing is very unusual, I can't help think that he dressed all in red especially to attract attention from tourists.

Have a good weekend everyone!

8 comments:

lime said...

such a great picture suse!

Bsoholic said...

Cool! Have a great weekend yourself!

Logophile said...

Is this the same idea behind bull fighting capes?
Or is that different?
Happy Weekend

Stephanie said...

Very cool picture!! Hope your weekend is great!

The Village Idiot said...

does he by chance sell copies of the pamphlet that teach us how to do that something or other palm trick in Kung Fu Hustle? I'd like to learn that one.

Sincerely an Idiot,
the idiot

Anonymous said...

what can i say...??? fab pic... ;)

The Village Idiot said...

Keep sharing those photos, I can see why you like to go there every year

onan the bavarian said...

superb picture.