Monday, November 28, 2005




It's Tori Tuesday!





















Maynard, from Tool, and Tori performing
Muhammad my friend at Madison Square Garden, January 23, 1997
"Maynard is... well, first of all he makes the greatest cookies I've ever had. And Maynard's so wonderful. He just really is. And he's a good buddy, so I called him up. Maynard's got a lot of interesting ideas about many things."


Muhammad, my friend
it's time to tell the world
we both know it was a girl
back in bethlehem
and on that fateful day
when she was crucified
she wore shiseido red
and we drank tea
by her side
sweet sweet
used to be so sweet to me
muhammad my friend
i'm getting very scared
teach me how to love my brothers
who don't know the law
and what about the deal on that flying
trapeze got a peanut butter hand
but honey do drop in at the
dew drop inn
sweet sweet
between the boys and the bees
and moses i know
i know you've seen fire
but you've never seen fire
until you've seen pele blow
and i've never seen light
but i sure have seen gold
and gladys save a place for me
on your grapevine
till i get my own tv show
ashre ashre ashre ashre
and if i lose my cracker jacks at the
tidal wave i got a place
in the pope's rubber robe
muhammed my friend
it's time to tell the world
we both know it was a girl
back in Bethlehem, we both know it was a girl,
back in Bethlehem

9 comments:

Logophile said...

We've been digging the Tori CDs, in fact, the AM has been taking them to the bedroom to play as he falls asleep!

Stephanie said...

Cool stuff!! Happy Tori Tuesday!!

lime said...

this woman confuses me. maybe if i heard her music it would make more sense. lol. thanks for sharing

Bsoholic said...

Oh man I bet that was awesome! Love Maynard (especially in the Tool days). Is this concert available?

S said...

Yes BS, that performance is available in a video called
Tori Amos- Live From New York (1998)

Yay, Ariellas AF and AM like Tori too!
Lime, dont try to figure her out...we gotta send you some Tori soon...you just have to listen to get her!

Drywall Mom said...

My favorite cd is still "little earthquakes" I love listening to it when I'm cleaning the house.

Robin said...

She's so freakin' beautiful (inside and out) I can't stand it.

Happy Hiker said...

There is a song on a Tool alblum that is all in German. People are chanting in German, it sounded almost like a Hitler rally. Well at the time I was chumming around with a foriegn exchange student from Germany. It was killing me what that song was about. I had her listen and she was laughing hysterically. Apparently it was a cookie recipe. I wonder if those are the cookies Tori was talking about. Too funny. Thanks!

S said...

Oh man, Hiker, you are so right! I'll bet that's what those cookies are all about, but he might have also made her some cookies in real life, too!

Happy Tori Tuesday!