Tuesday, April 04, 2006

When We Make Our Passion Pictures......


"Hey! What's going on here?"









"Hi Tori, it's me, Dave!"





So this week I decided that I would talk about some other music besides that of Tori Amos. Are you shocked? Well, it's because I have been listening to this CD 3 or 4 times a day for the past month, and it's so good, I just have to share it with you. I sure hope Tori doesn't mind!

Crash by The Dave Matthews Band has really gotten my attention.
Ok, I know it came out in 1995 0r 1996, but it's still fresh, tasty, (yes, I dare say tasty) and incredibly sexy, I might add. Certain songs just make me wanna ...no wait, I can't say that.....um, make me just...oh forget it, go listen to Two Step and Say Goodbye and tell me you don't wanna take Dave Matthews into some dark room somewhere and forget about everything else for awhile.



TWO STEP
By Dave Matthews

Say, my love, I came to you with best intentions
You laid down and gave to me just what I'm seeking
Love, you drive me to distraction
Hey my love do you believe that we might last a thousand years
or more if not for this,our flesh and blood
It ties you and me right up
Tie me down

Celebrate we will

Because life is short but sweet for certain
We're climbing two by two
To be sure these days continue
These things we cannot change
change...oh, I want to change it
Hey, my love, you came to me like wine

comes to this mouth
Grown tired of water all the time
You quench my heart and you quench my mind
Celebrate we will

Because life is short but sweet for certain
We're climbing two by two
To be sure these days continue
The things we cannot
Celebrate, you and me, climbing two by two, to be sure
these days continue, things we cannot change
Oh, my love I came to you

with best intentions
You laid down and gave to me
just what I'm seeking
Celebrate we will

Because life is shortbut sweet for certain
We're climbing two by two
To be sure these days continue
Things we cannot change...Things we cannot change

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stuff about The Dave Matthews Band~The Dave Matthews Band formed in Charlottesville, Virginia, in early 1991, when vocalist/guitarist Dave Matthews decided to put some songs he had written on tape. Instead of simply recording himself with a guitar, he opted to bring in some instrumental help to give his musical ideas more depth. Dave found assistance in drummer Carter Beauford and saxophonist LeRoi Moore, who were both accomplished jazz musicians in the local Charlottesville music scene. Based on the recommendation of distinguished local jazz guru John D’earth, 16-year-old musical prodigy Stefan Lessard came on board to play bass. Completing the band was keyboard player Peter Griesar, who left the band after a couple of years, as well as the talented and classically trained violinist, Boyd Tinsley.The first official gig for the newly conceived Dave Matthews Band was May 11, 1991, at a private rooftop party in Charlottesville. Its first public show was at the city’s 1991 Earth Day Festival. Local weekly gigs soon followed, and within a little time, word of the band’s contagious new sound spread like wildfire throughout the region. Clubs started to fill up, tours began to cover more territory, and the fan base grew at an incredible rate..........


Hello?? Excuuuse me??
Uh huh, yeah, and now he has lots of releases, that are all just so fantastic. Yeah yeah, sure, we love Dave, now move over! This is MY day! It's Tori Tuesday, remember? I have some news too, so move over, Dave!

I just wanna say that Susie has just bought a new fresh stack of empty cds and will be making some Tori for all of you soon. Please send mailing addresses. Happy Tori Tuesday everyone!

6 comments:

Logophile said...

K, I do so love some of Dave Matthews Music, and yes, you are right, it is great *@$%&*!@ music.
YAY!! More Tori!

The Village Idiot said...

You forgot a personal favorite of mine

Crash

CyberWarlock said...

I'm not much of a Dave Mathews fan. Alot of people I know are, and sure he's a good muscian, but there's just so much hype about him and really I find his music kind of blah. *shrug* Happy Tori Tuesday anyway :)

Stephanie said...

Oh!!! I love me some DMB!!!!

Crash is such a great song - one of my favorites.

Happy Tori sharing the spotlight Tuesday!!!!

lime said...

woohoo. yeah dave matthews is one of a kind. good stuff sodd stuff. and scarlett's walk continues to grow on me!

•¤•Splendid•¤• said...

i love this blog !