Sunday, April 09, 2006

I Never Was The Fantasy Of What you Want, Wanted Me To Be....

Playboy Mommy by Tori Amos



in my platforms
i hit the floor
fell face down
didn't help my brain out
then the baby came
before i found
the magic how
to keep her happy
i never was the fantasy
of what you want
wanted me to be
don't judge me so harsh little girl
so you got a playboy mommy
but when you tell them my name
from here to birmingham
i got a few friends
i never was there was there when it counts
i get my way
you're so like me
you seemed ashamed
ashamed that i was
a good friend of american soldiers
i'll say it loud here by your grave
those angels can'tever take my place
somewhere where the the orchids grow
i can't find those church bells
that played when you died
played gloria
talkin bout hosanah, yes
don't judge me so harsh little girl
you got a playboy mommy, come home
so when you tell them soldiers my name
you'll cross that bridge all on your own
little girl, they'll do you no harm
'cause they know your playboy mommy
i'll be home

i'll be home
to take you in my arms





Remember the Tori Amos Corset that I featured last Fall that was auctioned off to benefit the Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance? (Yes, of course you do!) Well, Did you know there was also a Tori shoe? Yes there is, and it is fantastic! The Tori Amos shoe was designed to benefit RAINN, and is now a rare find indeed. If anyone has a pair in a size 7 that they would like to be rid of, I will gladly take them off your hands.

In 1999, Designer Steve Madden created a shoe called the "Tori Amos". 100% of the proceeds for this shoe went to RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network).



Woo hoo! What a sexy shoe!



That's for sure, Tori loves her shoes! Happy Tori Tuesday everyone!

5 comments:

ShyRocket said...

Hi there... guess where I am this week... BANGALORE. Anyway, stopped by to say hi. Have been a very bad blogging buddy these days and trying to get caught-up on some surfing. Take care.

lime said...

thank heavens the shoe is a wedge. i'd need training wheels otherwise!

CyberWarlock said...

*looks at Tori with a shoe in her mouth* I think she misunderstood when the chef told her they were serving Fillet of Sole? Happy Tori Tuesday. :)

Fig said...

Cool! I wanna take my picture biting a shoe!

but not one that's been worn...

so this would be a good excuse to buy new shoes, yes?

The Persian said...

Playboy Mommy is such a beautiful song, my favorite off Choirgirl. My favorite line..

"those angels can't ever take my place"

makes me tear up. Did you know the name of my blog comes from Doughnut Song?

:)