Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Where'd you put the keys girl......



never was a cornflake girl
thought that was a good solution
hangin with the raisin girls
she's gone to the other side
givin us a yo heave ho
things are getting kind of gross
and i go at sleepy time
this is not really happening
you bet your life it is
peel out the watchword
just peel out the watchword
she knows what's going on
seems we got a cheaper feel now
all the sweeteaze are gone
gone to the other side
with my encyclopedia
they musta paid her a nice price
she's puttin on her string bean love
this is not really happening
you bet your life it is
rabbit where'd you put the keys girl
and the man with the golden gun
thinks he knows so much
thinks he knows so much
rabbit where'd you put the keys girl


The first time I ever saw Tori perform Cornflake Girl live, I thought the roof was gonna blow!




Tori Amos talks about her song Cornflake Girl, from her 1994 release, Under The Pink:

"I read the Alice Walker book, Possessing the Secret of Joy, and there's umm, in that book, the mothers take the daughters to the butchers to have their, let's say their genitalia removed. And even though it's a patriarchal culture that she's talking about, and that this custom was put into practice a long, long time ago by the patriarchy, it's the mothers that take their daughters. And, what I was singing about was, it's funny how from generation to generation women really betray each other in the ladies' room. There is a whole secret society that happens, and a lot of times a mother will say 'I'm doing this for your good' whether it was binding the feet in the Eastern cultures or whether it's marrying your daughter to this gangrene, smelly-breathed, old, decrepit, rotting scumbag that's 80 years old with dough. 'You know, this is really the best for you,' when the truth is, it's the best for everybody else. And, that's an extreme of women's relationships brought to just like, your girlfriend that you're hanging out with, but betrayal is betrayal, and I was thrown in to many situations as I was reading that book where girls, my girls, we were just dissin' each other. The things that we were doing, umm, it's like I would have never imagined that we could be so unsupportive of each other, and it was just happening while I was reading this book, and Cornflake Girl is the betrayal really of girls."-- Tori; 99X Radio Interview, 08/05/94

Rabbit~


Where'd you put the keys, Giiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlllllllll?

7 comments:

Logophile said...

Estrogen trumps,
at least it oughta.
Happy Tori Tuesday, you!

Ryan said...

great post just stopping in 2 say hey!

Stephanie said...

Wow!! I like Tori more every week!!

Happy Tori Tuesday!!

Cristina Rodguez said...

Tori really has the tongue of an angel.

lime said...

i think she takes vicodin before she composes. hehehehe

CyberWarlock said...

Happy Tori Tuesday :)

The Persian said...

Happy Tori Tuesday!

I used to collect boot videos from the DDI tour so that I could compare and contrast the amazing "Cornflake Girl Dance".
I always get a rush watching her do it, my favorite is from Oakland,CA.

:)