Tuesday, August 22, 2006

..the prettiest red ribbons.....



not the red baron
not charlie brown
think i got the message figured
another pilot down
and are their devils with halos
in beautiful capes
taking them into the flames
taking them to the flames

not judy g
not jean jean with a hallowed
heart
i see that screen go
down in the flames
with every step
with every beautiful heel
pointed

not the red baron i'm sure
not charlie's wonderful dog
not anyone i really know
just another pilot down
maybe i'll just sing him a last
little sound many there know some girls
with red ribbons
the prettiest
red
ribbons

I have posted about this Tori song before, but I have it really stuck in my head.

"Not the Red Baron is the moment of compassion for all the men on the record. It's where I could see their planes crashing, I could see that they have a side too. And if their planes would crash I stared to gain compassion for their side of it."-- Tori; B Side, 05/96

But of course, no video was ever made of this song, and I wanted to share a video with you today...so, it will be Tori, but not Not The Red Baron!

Takes awhile to load up, but this is a live performance of Tori's cover of Joe Jacksons Real Men. I hope you like it!

Enjoy!


BTW, Kate asked me to say hi, and WOW! :P

6 comments:

Amber said...

I love that picture of Tori, it's so romantic. She is a modern day cinderella in her broken down carriage, waiting for her prince.

lime said...

that is a great pic. i have to agree. goes along ith the whole transport theme today, ;) happy tori tuesday!

RennyBA said...

It took a while to download the video, but it was worth it. I don’t think we’ve heard a lot about Tori in Norway, but for sure she’s an originally and provocative singer and songwriter. Thanks for sharing and have a great hump day tomorrow:-)

Amber said...

Yes, that is Mom's house. I only have one cat too, and that is enough for me. It was so tempting to take one of the baby cats home though.

Stephanie said...

I love all my Tori!! Do I need more yet?

Semi-Gloss Lacquer said...

...okay, I, know, straight guy, woodoworker, (still, loves Margaret Atwood,)
--but tori covering 'Real Men,' by Joe Jackson, (kind of obv?? just a smidge? mebbie? (can anybody trump Paula Cole's 'cowboys?')
-besides -nobody can do that like Joe Jackson, -not even me at a stoplight singing to a captivated quarry truck driver, (strange mood, besides, I didn't know he was looking...)

-covering Pete Townshend's 'Slit Skirts.'
-Peter Gabriels 'Mercy Street,'
'NightSwimming,' by REM
---now yer tawlkin'