Friday, September 29, 2006

55, erm, 77Flash Fiction Friday

"One more dress, and we'll be done for the day" said mom, "Hand me another clothespin dear."
"But Momma, what about the load of sheets we were gonna do?"
"I'm thinking, honey, lets go into town and buy new sheets, those are so old and worn!
"Why don't you go stuff all those old sheets into a trash bag , then we'll go shopping in our matching frocks!"
Later, at Bradleys, mom wonders if she did the right thing.




OK I know this is more than 55 words....I'll be back later to fix it, after the laundry....meanwhile, why don't you leave me one?

7 comments:

jillie said...

That looks like my PILES of laundry only without the kid. Gosh I hope that's not what I find in the bottom if I leave it long enough.

Logophile said...

Hmmmm, shopping or taking care of a kid, shopping or taking care of a kid...
That is a HARD choice!
:p

James Goodman said...

oh, talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater...

Amber said...

Who is that baby? Is that Rita? She will have fun in the dryer going round and round. I managed to whip up a quick 55 between errands.

Anonymous said...

Hi I liked the pic though.Yes who is the lovely baby? Iliked reading through .
Wish you well

S said...

I googled the baby!

Stephanie said...

Breaking the rules...

I like it!