Thursday, September 21, 2006

55Flash Fiction Friday

I was working in the lab late one night
When my eyes beheld an eerie sight
For my monster from his slab began to rise
And suddenly to my surprise....

Hey people, it's Patrick Star, and he's at the Taj Mahal! What are you doing in India, Patrick?

"I was following this yellow balloon, Susie!"




Ack, what a lame 55, huh? I was trying to do this mad scientist thing...chopper, get it? Was gonna call myself Prairie Dawn Manson.....up all night chopping, get it...ok, maybe I'll try another version later on....
And yeah, I know it's crude, but here it is folks, my first chop. Boy, do I have a lot to learn. I have so many crazy ideas that I cannot wait to try, but right now my imagination is way ahead of my shop skills. I have a couple of expert choppers in mind though, that I plan to get some lessons from, right Schadeboy? Right, B?

I know it's heartstopping, but stop staring and get to work, you have a 55 to write! Just make sure it has at least one main character and a plot, in just 55 words~ Amazing!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed, your skills are way ahead of mine!

I've had another go at the Flash Fiction....

James Goodman said...

Not lame, rather entertaining I thought.

I've posted another for my mother on my site.

lime said...

LOL, you crack me up girl!

Anonymous said...

Lol... it's not Lady Di.

Photoshop Arghh! Intuitive it is certainly not. I have bought a handbook, and it made things much much easier.

~art said...

i love patrick!

Gary said...

The security guard rushed in to the Taj Mahal. "Call an ambulance", he said. "What's the problem?" , asked his superior?

"I'm not sure", said the security guard, "but there's a strange fellow outside and he's eating all of our baloons."

Sidewaysagain said...

He looked at the view for the thousandth time, but this time he cried. It didn't work anymore to see beauty in caos, or wonder in numbers, or simplicity in underdevelopment. She laughed at the site of him. "Look at that little boy there, he's so happy. Be like him." He was once, but the stream became a river, then a lake, and then an ocean. And suddenly there wasn't anywhere to swim to.

Amber said...

Baz got waTER ON MY KEYBOard AND NOW IT ISN'T WORKING RIGHT, I hAVE TO BUY a new one! (weeping)

Melissa said...

I played & I'll see you next week.

I'm taking a hiatus...

I almost deleted my blog this morning in random so I figured maybe I should just take some days away from it instead.

Cya later.

Schadeboy said...

Actually, this is a very good first attempt. Some perspective changes and perhaps a little color balancing...

I'm telling you, those sites I pointed you to before helped me a great deal. All I know I learned from them.

Keep it up, and you'll be giving me a run for my money soon enough!

Schadeboy said...

And one other piece of advice:

Sometimes it's not so important to make it look real to get your point across. Sometimes, you might even find yourself wanting to make it look fake on purpose to enhance the story. Making the photochop look real isn't always the ultimate goal.

Logophile said...

I flashed
in my sleep

Bsoholic said...

Right on! ;)