Saturday, September 16, 2006

8 Deep Dark Secrets Divulged or: Kid Krimes Revealed

Beware! Dangerous criminal on horseback ahead!


Here's a ME ME that's been floating around blogland. I sorta opened my big mouth and volunteered to do this list for Art. Ok I think I can do this 8 scandalous things if I leave out the years between 21 and now! LOL

Now that's me up there on the big horse. Don't let me kid ya, I actually had a little brown pony, not at all unlike the white one my sister has back there...except, uh, brown, yeah...

I started out early with seedy behavior:

1. On my very first day of school, in K, I decided that I didn't like where I was sitting, because a little girl at the other table had a fuzzy stuffed monkey I just had to check out! I quickly switched seats, got caught, and was deprived snack. These days, that teacher would be in a lot of trouble for withholding the grahams!

2. In the 3rd grade, I snuck into the boys bathroom at school to investigate, of course, and got caught by the janitor. "Get back to class young lady, you do NOT belong in there!", this giant of a man scolded.
I am still not over the shock of seeing a urinal for the first time! This scarred my fragile eggshell psyche so badly that I dreamed I was sent to the principal's office for this shenanigan. Future angst was evident, when in the 80's, I again played out this horror in a comic strip. Clearly, my most scarring dark secret! (IF you ask nicely, I will even dig out the comic strip and scan it!)

3. In 5th grade, my sister and I took a little paper route to make some money. It was hard work, and the pay was terrible. Didn't take long to figure out that we could just toss the papers into our trashcans on the side of the house, and just pretend we delivered. Oh yeah, that worked swell, for two days, until my father took the trashcans out to the curb....he made us confess, pay for the papers, and apologize....how yewmiliatin'!

4. In 6th grade, I started hanging out with some seedy little girls, and we thought it was cool to snitch licorice and stuff from the local convenience store. I got caught, of course, and was told to never come back into that store again! Later, my more craftier friends rolled in the grass in guffaws, enjoying their stolen loot, while I confessed to having been caught in my first attempt at thievery! My career of crime had just begun....

5. In junior high, things really got bad. I had this drunken neighbor who had a chilled KEG of beer at all times in a fridge in her garage.....so while she was at my house, shooting the breeze with my mom and the other neighbor ladies, we'd sneak in with our large plastic tumblers, and fill up on beer. While we were at it, we'd help ourselves to her huge stash of Marlboro's too! Then we'd head for the horse pasture out back, and smoke and drink til we puked, which by the way, didn't take much for a 75 pound 8th grader! Oh what fun!

Here I am as a shifty 15 year old! Surf's up, dude!


6. Hmnn, Hell School....why, I do believe I was a downright angel for the most part. That is, if you don't count ditchin'! Now, very often, this little Southern California beach baby actually thought she could get away with a day of fun and sun at the beach instead of attending high school!
Did I actually think my mom wouldn't notice the bleached out hair, reddened cheeks, coconut smell, and, uh, sand all over my feet....Hello????? Take a look at that pic up there....where do you think I spent more time? School or the beach?


7. I managed to make it through college by NOT writing any research papers, because I traded my most excellent award winning high school essay on Cybernetics, complete with visuals, with another student. Hers was on witchcraft! We of course both got A's! Then we set up this secretly elaborate paper trading system with a bunch of other......OMG....this one is really bad, should I delete it?
Hey, I was an art major......I don't need no stinkin' term papers........


8. I slept with one of my college profs, then got a B in his class! Hey! I was only 19, what did I know about "A-getting techniques"?

OK WHOA! I think I'll stop right there........

Oooh, smooth! Notice how I managed to skip by most of my adulthood entirely? :D Heh! Well, that's because you don't even wanna know why i'm climbing over this fence in a Mickey Mouse sweatshirt and a hippie skirt...........

...or what I was doing 5 minutes before this picture was taken.........

And don't even ask me what this face is all about!

Ok I challenge my best girls, Logo, Snav's and Lime to belly up to the sin bar and divulge 8 secrets. I'll be hiding out until the heat from this post blows ovah!

24 comments:

lime said...

challenge me huh? but i was an angel. what could i possibly have to tell??

Logophile said...

I don't think you know me very well, darling, I've never done anything wrong in my whooooooole life, evah!
But just for you I will try to think of something.

Lelly said...

Oh wow Susie, wish I'd hung out with you during my formative years! You are such a hoot! LOL. And yeah, I wanna see the comic strip! Sorry I've not stopped by for a while. x

tl said...

Love the photo of the monkey hanging on the fence. lol.

:)

Queenmatrai said...

Great stories...greater pix:)

noojes

Amber said...

You slept with your professor and only got a B, you should have at least asked for a B+. You certainly were a bad girl. I am shocked.

Anonymous said...

tut tut tut....scandalous...!!! ;P

RennyBA said...

What a wonderful post and how exiting to read about all you escapades! You seam to be able to ride almost anything, from bikes to horses and even Profs. I’m not one of those, but I give guest lectures at universities as you can see in my last post. Does that count? LoL!
Have a wonderful Sunday Susie;-)

The Persian said...

I loved this post so much. You Bad bad girl!!! :) I of course was an angel in school always *wink*

Zinnia said...

LOL, reminds me of my neice. She's about to turn 14 very soon.

Anonymous said...

You were clearly very naughty even as a child, and things just got worse during adulthood. I knew there was a reason I liked you so much :-)

Melissa said...

lol! Oh Susie- dayum your childhood sounds very familiar. We must have been twins in another life!!


As for my 55 on friday. Sorry, I tried to come up with something. I like to write em on the spot but the well was dry at the moment I had for blogging. I think this week I'll take a clue from Logo and snag her idea on taking suggestions...
this week I should have a few to roll with.
;)

Anonymous said...

I always suspected that you were a nefarious miscreant. Albeit a cute one. ;)

Lee Ann said...

Oh that is great...you bad girl you!
Well, you got a B...that's very good! ;)
I loved hearing your secrets, made me smile!

Stephanie said...

Ok - I'll take your challenge. I really have to think about it too since much like Logo & Lime, I was an angel. Always.

*cough cough*

I would have responded sooner but I was away all weekend.

lime said...

ok, i'm up:P

~art said...

Great stories. thanks for sharing. Hey, what were you doing on that fence anyways????

CozyMama said...

you crazy kid.

Minka said...

Wow....behind that sweet face lurks a prankster.

Well done!

Comic strip?
pretty please with sugar on top?

Gary said...

Concerning number 8, I think the best A getting technique would have been blackmail. :)

Yasser Rahman said...

Oh! bad girly , bad girly ;) How have you been otherwise ? Its been a while :)

Anonymous said...

Well it looks like I picked a good time to read your blog for the very first time. I don't know if I should confess that I slept with the bus driver and she still dropped me off six blocks from my house.

jillie said...

Those are GREAT pics!!! You look like the cat that caught the canary in some of those...lol

Semi-Gloss Lacquer said...

...good lord were you trouble... (My little sister, now 40, -also right around 5 ft tall,) walks around TOTALLY freaked regarding her coming up years, why? She has an adolscent daughter now too... (and boy does he hate it when I remind her of wha-she-did...)
-quite the cutie, I must say...