Monday, December 03, 2007

Faeries Wear Boots & Now Ya Gotta Believe Me!!

I'm not telling you what this is, you just have to watch to find out. All I am saying is, it's 1974 in Southern California, where the Beach Boys are king, and Denise Rosenblatt has brought to school her copy of Diamond Dogs LP, and I am thinking...man, that chick is really weird!
Oh Denise, girl, you should have been my best friend!


In other news, as you all know it was my birthday and I got some really cool gifts. I got some cyber roses from RennyBA, a cyber greeting or two from Miss Pizza and Logo, a special sexy Indian birthday man who I am never returning, champagne and chocolates from the girls, and dozens of blog comments wishing me a happy birthday!
From Mr Ratburn and Little Rita I receive a gift certificate to my favorite spa in California, (because my absolute favorite spa is in Seattle) some yummy skin products, a beaded bracelet that LR made. Mr Romantic Ratburn brought me a dozen 0range and yellow roses....so beautiful! My sister sent me a really cool candle with sea shells in it and this goopy purple stuff instead of wax! Whoa! I even got some cash! Woo Hoo!
And then tonight, we went out for Indian food, my favorite, yum! Then after dinner, I saw these awesome boots in a store window and had to have them...aren't they cool? Perhaps I might even wear them......my toes have been awfully cold lately, now, I wonder if I own any socks?

Yes, the 32 pound pumpkin lives in my bedroom.....la la la!


17India

16 comments:

Polt said...

goopy purple stuff??!?!?! I didn't get any goopy purple stuff for MY birthday..I need better friends. :)

HUGS...

lime said...

it sounds like you had a fabulous day. so glad to hear it. you are loved, susie!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a super Susie birthday! Did you get the striped hose to go with the boots?

S said...

I stole the striped stockings out of Little Ritas stuff! Shhh!

Anonymous said...

I actually saw David B. in Oslo a bit more than 10 years ago and he was still going strong.

Glad you had a great BD and that the roses found its way all the way to Norway :-)

PS: Socks are an important part of good clothes - all good feelings starts with warm feeds you know ;-)

www.terella.no

Queenie said...

Cool, love em!!!!
These boots were made for walking!!

LisaPizza said...

Sharing of clothes must go both ways. Aren't you lucky to be able to double your wardrobe that way.

Many, many Bowie memories are accessed due to your post. Enough to do my own post on one day. Bowie concerts, Bowie lip sync contests, hours of Bowie listening....

LisaPizza said...

I forgot to send you something in Sam's b-day package, so I'm sending it separately. Yeah more b-day presents to come!

S said...

More presents? Hurray! Thank you thankyou, Lisa and Sam!

airplanejayne said...

Happy birthday!


and I LOVE David Bowie. Any age...any time...

Little Wing said...

Susie those boots rock!
Great motorcycle boots, I want some!
It's raining in my part of Cali.
Oh and the purple goopy candle? Try to keep your fingers out of it, even tho it is hard to do, LOL!

S said...

How did you know, Little Wing, that I want to poke at the goopy purple stuff?

:P

Real Live Lesbian said...

Happy Birthday! Love the boots...especially with the stockings!

barman said...

Nice boots but even better stockings.

Sounds like you had a super sized birthday. How wonderful, glad to hear it.

I do not know much about Bowie but I do know many of his songs and I recognized him. Definitely a strange woman.

Little Wing said...

LOL Susie!
I have those goopy purpley candles, and I KNOW!
They smell SO good, you gotta poke at them, and what you REALLY want to do is taste it! Admit it!!!!

Zoely said...

love em boots!!! love the stripey tights & you do know of course that orange used to be my favorite color...before it was recently usurped by pink...