Thursday, July 13, 2006

55Flash Fiction and, Noojie and Tommy get their Guns!

Her sweaty hands stuck to the steering wheel as she veered her car into the crowded, mammoth parking lot. No problem, she knows about the "secret parking spots."
At last, heading toward the front entrance, her mind reeling in anticipation, she suddenly stops and remembers to thank the gods, and kneeling, she does just that.



Susie worshipping IKEA and thanking Ganesh, the great remover of obstacles, for no traffic on the 101 baby!

OK, I know it's silly, but I'm going to IKEA today and I really like it in there! Have fun writing your 55's, and have a lovely weekend!


Madam Noojes, I could have asked you 100 questions about yourself and India! But here I have narrowed it down to five, and I'm sorry if they are a little leaning toward my Indian obsession, but I just cant help it! (By the way Noojie, I stole this pic from Jerry!)


Oh Noojie dear, you look simply divine!

1.There has not been one time that I've been in India, that I've not been reduced to tears by the amount of poverty and homeless children. This is one question I ask all people living in India. How does one deal with the immense poverty and frustrating stuff like beggarwallahs?

2. Noojie, you are a very modern Indian gal, indeed! What are some of the ancient traditions, customs and things about India that you cherish, that are a big part of your life, that you blend into your very modern lifestyle?

3. Tell us about your two years in Australia and what it was like when you first arrived there, the contrasts and all.

4. The day of or before the bombings in Mumbai, you said that you dreamed of mermaids. That really stuck in my head......did you figure out what the mermaids meant?

5. You said you love Sex and the City. Being that I dont have any TV channels, I've rented all of them over this year and wow I love, love, love, Sex and the City too! I think i'm sortof a combo between Miranda and Samantha! What about you, which girl are you, Noojes? And, hows that search for the new Mr. Big going? (Mr. Big...YAAAR, GIVE HIM TO ME! Drool drool!)

Pardon me while I drool!


Ok Now it's your turn Tommy Gunn!


If Tommy feels so inclined, he can explain what the hell he's doing in this pic too!

1. Hi Tommy! You've been through hell in a handbasket lately. Howya doing? (You may get as personal as you like, since the answers go on your blog.)

2. I know that you make beer, Tommy. Rumour has it that you have two flavours in which you went so far as to have lovely ladies pose for your labels. Is that true? So, tell us a little about your beermaking hobby and how you got into that, and tell us about the newest beer you have brewin!

3. Being in the military, you've lived in lots of different places. Tell us about some of the very different and unique places you've lived or served, and some of the really unusual parts about those places, and you know, is it true, Tommy, theres no place like home?

4. Tommy, tell us about your DJing days!

5. Ok Tommy, for this last q, which is not really a q at all, I want your top five deserted Island CDS, yes, you get to pick entire CDs! Yay!

Thanks for playing Tommy and Noojes, and I look forward to reading your answers!

12 comments:

James Goodman said...

That was a great Flash, one of these days, I might have to take up the Friday tradition myself. :D

lime said...

ok, all i can say is tommy is gonna haunt my dreams forever now.LMAO! i friggin love that pic!

RennyBA said...

Did you know that IKEA is a Swedish furnisher chain? Good quality though. I inherited my parent’s IKEA bed when they bought new one 4 years ago and it still works wonderful LOL!

I’ll check up Madam Noojes and Tommy of course – can hardly wait to read their answers.

Have a great end to your week:-)

Amber said...

That is a neat pic of you outside Ikea. I love sex and the city too. So you are a little like Samantha, Huh? Ooh, sexy. Oh by the way, I played Flash Fiction Friday too.

Fred said...

You praying to IKEA. Priceless.

Logophile said...

Ooooh, how I love IKEA.
I met so many Americans living in Rome at the IKEA there.
Best Swedish meatballs in Italy!
Have fun today,
and good questions.

Melissa said...

ooooooo~ Ikea!!

I love the commercial of the woman running out of the store screaming "Start the car!! Start the car!!" please tell me you've seen it.

Cracks me up every time.

Anywhooooo

I played!

Stephanie said...

Great questions Susie Q!!

I love that picture of Noojes - she's so pretty!!

DaMasta said...

oh mr big.. yes yes yes!!

oh how i love ikea too! we have the biggest one in texas! w00t. my friend anna just bought the ''minnen ratta'' for me the other day. if u dont know what that is, just search thru the ''soft toys'' in the ''kids'' section.

did i use too many '' in that paragraph? oh well.

have a good weekend suze!

Hobbes said...

Those are good questions. I was wondering if those were pushpins in Tommy's nose and if he was adopting Little Rita's technique for thinking about important things.
I'm sorry, but when I scrolled down and saw that, I abruptly stopped drooling.
weirsdo

Minka said...

Bless those Swedes for inventing IKEA! I love it too!

Grimstarr said...

Susie, My questions are up on my blog. Thanks for playing but after reading my version of "War and Peace," you may never invite me to the party again! LOL Have a great week. Hope it's what you were looking for.