Saturday, July 08, 2006

Jesus dont want me for a sunbeam........


OK I was dyin' to know what sort of questions Logo would choose to ask me for the "Ask me 5 questions thing", being that she knows me way too well. I thought she did a good job of helping me hide my dirty knickers. Lookit her over there! Isn't she sweet!
If you want me to ask you five questions, just let me know in your comment, and ok, I know this looks long, but it's got lots of pics n stuff so it won't be torture I promise!


1. You have said you make your own shoes, tell us a little about that?
Oh and pics would be great!
Ok, well first let me say that I did make these shoes, but they are NOT my design. For about 18 months, I worked for a shoemaker in Bodega Bay. I have to put a link here for Angel, the woman that taught me to make leather sandals, sheepskin slippers and custom made boots and shoes. Go check her out!
I really loved the experience of shoemaking, but it's heavyweight stuff, and, after 18 months, I had to stop that craft because my hands and shoulders hurt a lot. I love my sandals though, they are custom made, and fit me perfectly. I also make bunny slippers which some of you have already seen, and once I made a pair of bright green satin elf shoes with curly toes!


Hey, quit making fun of my weird toes!

2. Do you remember what taciturn means and why I bring it up?
Logo might think I have memory lapse....Am I allowed to look this up?
Oh, I remember now, its something that I am not! Quiet and reserved! Well, Logo, you've always said that I do not beat around the bush. Perhaps, at 5'1", I have a little bit of the Napoleon in me, spunky, firey, stubborn. I guess it's a survival technique.
I mean, can you imagine what it's like standing in front of a deli counter waiting your turn, when the employee cannot even see your head over the piles of Genoa salamis and wheels of gorgonzola? A shorty like me could starve in situations like that!
Tactiturn and 5'1" do not mix! Trust me on this!


A quasi successful attempt at a taciturn activity.

3. What is the most ambitious wood working project you'd like to attempt?
As some of you know, I have been taking woodworking classes for over two years now. Being very practical minded, I've noticed myself leaning toward functional projects (ie quick and dirty) over fine handcrafted pieces made of expensive woods. I can't stand all that neurotic measuring and fine tuning. Let's build the fucker already, I say!

The most ambitious wood project I'd like to attempt:
I am going to one day buy a beat up old house and fix it up all nice, with wood floors so we can skate through the house, a firepole, an indoor garden thing, swings, hammocks and trapezes in the living room, and an art room with empty canvases tacked to the walls so friends can come over and paint and do art whenever they want to.
Kinda like Pee Wees Playhouse, but a little less Gaymart.


Something I could afford on my artist salary!

4. We've heard about some things you enjoy in India, what are your least favorite?
Hmnnnn...... the things I love the most about India are also the things I hate. I have actually written in my travel journal more than once!, "I FUCKING HATE INDIA AND I AM NEVER COMING BACK HERE EVER AGAIN!" And then, when I get home, I cannot wait to get back there again.

I love the food, but I hate worrying about getting sick.

I love the warm sunny weather, and the humidity is fabulous for moisturizing skin and hair, but having sweaty armpits all the time gets pretty annoying!

I love the men, they are elegant, insightful and intriguing.....and, spoiled, annoying and entirely infuriating!

I love the women, they are earthy, confident and exotic, fuss and argue over who will pleat my sarees, argue who will get to do my hair....and like to tell me what I should do to lose weight, dress differently, why isnt my husband with me? why do I only have one child? what am I doing in India alone? I ought to wear some makeup, I am naughty for having tattoos...etc etc......LOL (oh, I think I love them the most!)

I love the clothing, the textiles, the colors, the bold daring brightness of it all. But sometimes the enormity of it all is completely overwhelming and you just wanna hide in your hotel room and wear beige for awhile!

Ask anyone this question about India, and they might tell you the same. I hate India, I love India!


















5. You get one do-over, what would you use it on?
OOOOOkaaayyyy! Well, rather than get all serious...Logo and I had a good laugh over this one, so I will use it....
I was once at a wedding, and I chose a lovely empire waist black and white dress to wear to said soiree. While waiting to use the restroom at the reception, I was asked by a 300 pound woman, "When is your baby due?"

So yeah, I work hard to maintain my cuddly panda bear figure....but being asked by a 300 pound woman when my baby was due? All I could manage was a trembling, "Um, i'm not pregnant," and ran off. (ok, if you dont know what an empire waist dress is, thats where the skirt half of dress is right under the bust like a maternity dress might be...)

Those are always the situations where you come up with that do over later. So, here's my do-over, but i'll bet most of you can come up with better ones!

BIG GAL: When is your baby due?

Teeny little panda bear me: "Well, I dont know, its seems you're carrying for both of us, so you let me know when you unload our babies ok? I'll just be in this regular sized stall, the one you cant fit into."


(In retrospect, this does seem a bit harsh, do you think I could be a little sensitive about my body image? Do these jeans make my ass look big? ARGH!!!!!
I really was terribly crushed by that incident, so forgive me...I can be cruel.)




That was fun! Let me know if you wanna play too!

16 comments:

Logophile said...

ooooooooooooooo
goood answers!!

I love your shoes.
I was archive diving and I saw November 12th. That is why the taciturn question.
That is the coolest house idea, I will definitely come visit.
I am still not sure I want to go to India, but I like hearing your stories.
As for your do over, heh heh, not bad.

Stephanie said...

Susie --- EVERYONE knows that the trapezes goes in the bedroom!!! Sheesh...

RennyBA said...

A funny game - this 5 questions and I loved to read your answer as it was kind of getting to know you better.
5 question for me - I don't know if I dare;-)

James Goodman said...

Great answers!

Minka said...

Hey that was so much fun. Logo already sorta made me tag myself and you can read my answers a few posts down on my page.
I love your idea about having walls filled with canvases adn guests can come and paint...that is such a lovely idea.

S said...

Thank Logo...your qs are the best!

Snavs~ I meant a trapeze for Little Rita, not for your naughty fun when you come to visit! :P LOL

Ohh Renny, I barely know you, so this will be fun!

Wow Gurdeesh, that looks like another post! Will email you later with some answers ok?

Thanks James and Minka, and Minka your five qs were totally fun to read too!

LisaPizza said...

I never ask, "when are you due?" unless they are about to drop the kid any minute. I'm sure she remembers you as much as you remember her, She was probably mortified by her mistake and will be sure not to make the same one again.

I'm game for 5 questions. Let 'em rip!

Here's my 55 for this week:

Petunia didn't know what to make of this spikey carpet. It felt nothing like the pile she was used to, but it's cool, wet, tickely touch was starting to appeal to her. Overwhelmed with the fragrances and sounds around her, euphoria set in and she lost her fear of all that exisited beyond the door.

Adios Amiga!

DaMasta said...

hahahhahaaa....awesome!! LMAO @ "but with a little less Gaymart".. bwuahahhahaa.. that was classic!

Your shoes are the coolest things ever! Wow.. I can't believe you can MAKE shoes. Hmm. Who'da thunk it.

and your toes aren't THAT weird. LOL.. :P

great answers overall! loved it!

Queenmatrai said...

Oooooooohhhhhhhh

I hate India I love India too

But I want 5 questions from Susiekins

Noojes

RennyBA said...

I think its fun meeting like this, getting to know you a bit more day by day. Have a great week ahead;-)

C said...

Awesome sandals!!! And I want to see your someday house someday. But my favourite part was the India bit. :-)

S said...

Oooohhhh, I get to ask Noojie and Miss Pizza some qs!!!! This is gonna be fun!


OK so far, Noojie, Renny and Lisa Pizza

Thanks for the belated 55, Lisa!

Dont you just wanna kill that Askinstoo guy?????

G said...

Well that was fun indeed. Nice steps there. Of course, I now have to rethink my wardrobe choice for an upcoming affair - that or drop 10 pounds in five days. I loved the parts about the Indian women. My niece is in Inida right now (her first time) and they are treating her like quite the little goddess (red headed pixie that she is).

G said...

By the way, has anyone ever mentioned your likeness to Natalie Merchant?

Grimstarr said...

I think your ass looks just fine in those jeans. I think it would look finer with the jeans on my floor but that's just me. Ask away love if you will. Have a good week. Miss you.
TG

Hobbes said...

Nice shoes, but I probably would not be up to it at all.
I am also 5' 1", but I can definitely do taciturn.
I love Little Rita's doll. I think Mall Diva, who has alas outgrown that phase, was flattered.
weirsdo