Friday, July 07, 2006

55Flash Fiction Friday

Happy Friday to you all and welcome to 55! Sorry i'm late, I was just......tuning.
Let me know if you write one on your blog, or write one in my comments! But, most of all, make it 55 words, with at least one character and a plot, and have fun!



On silent paws, she stalks through the tall grass, eyes trained on her next feast. She freezes and waits.
In one mighty pounce, claws unsheathed, she overtakes her prey. Devouring this beast would not suit this mighty hunter. She must first toss it in the air and bat it around a bit.
Beats catfood anyday!

10 comments:

The Village Idiot said...

aww cute oatey. The great hunter she is!!!

Logophile said...

OK, Miss Susie Q,
here is the 55 on the topic of shoes as you requested...

Glancing in the full-length mirror she turned her leg to the right. No, this pair was a little too clunky. She felt like Little Red Riding Hood. Then she saw them and knew they were just the right shoe for her. $5.99 later she was strolling out in her new flip flops, life was good.

Stephanie said...

I tried to do myy 55 but then it turned into 87 and kept going - ooppss!!

Have a great weekend Susie Q!!

Amber said...

I like that one. I love anything to do with kitties.

I played too. It's not great, I know I can do better. Maybe next week.

Melissa said...

K, I'm not much of a cat person but..
awwwwww

;)

I played today too Susie girl!

Surfs up!!

WDKY said...

I thought for a moment you knew my ex-wife.

James Goodman said...

That was great. You created quite the picture with so few words. Very visually stimulating.

RennyBA said...

I came to your blog from your comment on Charles and just wanted to say Hello from Norway and to wish you the very best end to your week:-)

Ace said...

The queer chef brought me here. Nice 55!

Hobbes said...

That looks like our cat, Dunlap (Grosset, the smart one, was killed by a car). They were found under a porch, sick. Dunlap was feeble-minded and sneezed a lot through her whole life. In old age she went blind. She always came around purring when my mother read the Bible aloud at night, though.

Not fiction, but 55 words.
weirsdo