Saturday, January 06, 2007

California, didn't I warn you, I'd be seeing you...

This picture will not move down the page where I want it so you will have to enjoy it here! Taken in Pahar Ganj, but not by me!
Pahar Ganj, Main Bazaar

OK this is my last night in Delhi and I am off to the airport at 10 pm. What a ride, people!
Last night we had to convince the travel desk guys to go out and get us some whiskey because we are staying at the Y and they dont have alcohol here. So Karen and I got pretty smashed in our room while packing, what fun!
Today Karen and I went to Pahar Ganj, a very funky Indian neighborhood in Delhi...walked around, got henna tattoos, bought some tiffin boxes, and some other trinkets, and I kid you not, Karen and I are as poor as street beggars right now! No more rupees, madam!
I am so happy to be coming home because I am tired! And, my pants are dirty and falling off. And I couldnt wash them cuz its cold in Delhi and I didnt have any other warm pants. I have been wearing these jeans for 5 days...will be 7 by the time I get home so if you see a dirty hippie chick in SFO, it's just me! Dont worry I clean up well!
Thank you all for coming to India with me! It's been fun to share it with blogland, and thank you to all who called MR Ratburn for me and got him online!
See you stateside!
Love Susie

11 comments:

lime said...

safe travels susie! your updates have been awesome. i am so glad you took US along for the ride. can't wait to hear more when you get home!

love you!

Breazy said...

You have a safe trip home sweetie ! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about your trip . I have never been outside the states so this is pretty big stuff to me . Thank you ! See ya when you get here !

RennyBA said...

Thanks Susie for sharing your adventures with us! Thanks for all the lovely posts - in every details - and the lovely pics and vids! I've never been to India but feel I have had a part of it since you have shared it in this lovely way. Your a great ambassador!

Now I wish you a safe trip home and I am so happy you have such a lovely family greeting you and makes you feel very welcome back! We all wish you the same:-)

Anonymous said...

He-he-he, I can lively imagine the two of you do the packing accompanied by a bottle of whisky (Doctor's Special?).

And you bring back the real smell of India. LoL.

I have followed your travelling blog with great interest and joy. It has recalled so many great memories from my Journey to India.

But after all: Nothing is like HOME.

And thanks for sharing all this "happenings".

Anonymous said...

May the moon, stars and sun guide you safely home to US again.

ShyRocket said...

Susie, meeting you & Karen in the flesh was a pleasure and I am sorry I wasn't able to make it to Delhi. Safe travels and remember, "we will always have Bangalore!"

See you in two years?

~art said...

have a safe trip back!

CozyMama said...

wow, what an amazing trip you have been on. I cringed at the dirty pants part though, I would so hate that...but you do what you gotta do. Looking forward to you being back, be safe.

Stephanie said...

I was wondering what that smell was....

jillie said...

Have a safe travel and let's hope who ever sits close to you and Karen have a head cold so they can't smell your dirty clothes...LMAO...

You guys sound like you were just having the time of your life!!!

WELCOME HOME SUSIE! WE'VE MISSED YOU

DaMasta said...

wow, what a cool travel rep.. i'm sure if i was your travel rep i could have been bribed (with a share of the alcohol, of course) to bring you some liquor, too! i know i haven't commented on any of your postings, but i have been reading them.. thanks for taking us on your journey, it was very interesting! :D be safe and we'll see ya when you get back home!

xoxo