Monday, January 29, 2007

What Some Appliances Will Do For Attention.....

When Little Rita was born, she came 8 weeks early and without warning....talk about not being ready! We had barely bought her a crib when she came into this world. She was just a tiny little 3 pound baby, and had to stay in the hospital for a month.
One of the things you have to do when your kid is in the hospital is PUMP! And Im not talking about iron here! Breast milk...and then freeze it so you can bring it into the hospital and...well you get the picture....
So what does all this have to do with that picture up there? Well, during all this breast pumping/milk freezing/neonatal experience, we realized our freezer was in desperate need of defrosting.....the walls of ice quickly closing in on our precious mothers milk supply.
We decided to go the quick route to rid ourselves of the evil ice....the hammer and knife routine....
OK, in a word.....Freon....bright green, spraying out all over the milk, the ice, me, Ratburn....dead refridgerator, kid in hospital.....postpartum mom...spells major major postpartum freakout! Major! Enough said....
So, we had to go out and buy a fridge, a big, ugly, energy sucking used fridge, because well, do you have any idea how much a new fridge costs? We didnt!
Sooo....fast forward to ten years later...as you know, Little Rita is now a tall, healthy 10 year old, so lets not worry about that preemie thing and her month in the hospital...... BUT
WTF is the deal with that fridge up there?
Wellllll, one of the other things that comes with parenthood is that you get to have one million teeny tiny toys all over your house! So after looking at this ugly fridge for 10 years, Mr Ratburn and I got out the hot glue gun, and the Bushmills......and voila!
And here we have Little Rita, owner of one million tiny toys, posing with our crazy fridge! Have a lovely day everyone! (Click picture to check out all the tiny things in biggy form!)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, the fridge is cute,
but the kid is WAY cuter
:D

Anonymous said...

HOLLLLEEEEEE CRAP THAT FRIDGE IS AWESOME!

Steve~

Stephanie said...

I love it!!!

We had to buy a brand new fridge about 4 1/2 years ago ... OMG was it expensive!!

Anonymous said...

that is a very good idea ! My fridge looks like that anyways cause I have to keep notes and stuff on mine for Mr. B . I like it ! She is such a beautiful child!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a fun looking fridge. I could look at it all day. I might do the same to my fridge. My fridge is covered in Baz's artwork and letter (letters of the alphabet) magnets

Anonymous said...

What a lovely small things collection and what a great idea!
I often by magnetic sticks when I am out traveling to put on the fridge, but my collection is far away from yours.
Btw: Very nice pic of Rita too:-)

Anonymous said...

Nice fridge, beautiful daughter.

Hey there barefoot_1. Thank you so much for the wonderful incense and tea. I love 'em!

This weekend I will spark the sweet stuff and brew a nice hot cup of tea. ;-)

-SuperSonicSmoker

Anonymous said...

I hope she grows up to be as clever as her mom. :)

lime said...

wow, that is a very cool fridge, wha ta great idea. mine is covered n magnets and notes and pictures and magnetic poetry, butthe teeny tiny toy thing is a totally cool idea. i love it.

and btw, lil rita is looking more and more like yo uevery day, i know that smirk she is wearing and it ain't ratburn's!

Anonymous said...

hmmmm, maybe I'll just move to the Bay Area...

Anonymous said...

Mornin Mistress
Your daughter is beautiful like Mom!

Anonymous said...

that is way cute and little rita is totally adorable...my son is 10, they would look way cute together....lets plan a date for them in a couple years. ;0

Anonymous said...

WOW that is one "jazzed" up fridge...love it. You know when it stops working, you'll have to save the doors and hang them somewhere with all of the memories attached that's priceless!

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks like the contents of my son's "fuji drawer" - cool. I recognize the purple witch and a few others. Your daughter's a cutie.

Anonymous said...

lol, too funny!

Anonymous said...

K, that fridge totally kicks my fridges ass!!!!

But, I love love looooooove!!! the sweatshirt lil rita is wearing.

She's such a cutie btw!

Photocat said...

True art! I love it! and Hannah is a cutie too!