Friday, July 13, 2007

55Flash Fiction Friday


For two weeks now, Noki had been without her love. Slipping unnoticed from his pocket on the beach in Kuai, countless strangers had picked her up, fondled her blue body, then tossed her carelessly back into the sand. Until Dance found her, gently brushed the sand from her face, pressed the ON button and called....
~
You have to understand, Mr Ratburn loses everything! Normally, it's articles of clothing. The other day, we received a phone call from "Dance" in Kauai, who found Garys cell phone on the beach. Oh, Mr Ratburn! BTW, the first time ever that the rat and I strolled romantically on the beach, he lost my house keys!
If you want to know more about 55, go here. Let me know if you played today and I'll come by and check it out. You know, it would really be cool if you would all check out each others 55's while you're at it! Have a great weekend, bloggy peeps!

17 comments:

Flash said...

ha. I love stories told from the perspective of objects, because they can get so creative....

I've played the game again (and probably will until you call an end to it!)

Snow White said...

Great story... lol the beach is a dangerous place to lose stuff!

I played again this week!

Logophile said...

Wow Susie, you are so smart and creative and clever and pretty and you smell good and your teeth are so sparkly white!
I didn't play this week but then, I think you already knew that.

Anonymous said...

Terrific job of putting 55 and reality together. I enjoyed this muchly.
*sidenote* he has NEVER lost the most important thing in his life and that is YOU.
TC

Cha Cha said...

I played!

And I love yours...I never even thought about doing it from the object's P.O.V.

That's awesome!

Glad he got his phone back!

Little Wing said...

I am here from Gmans blog, and that was a great 55 flash, I really need to start playing!
You are all so good at this!

Mona said...

ah! I guessed it was a cellphone!!

Beautifully done Susie! I just love this one
& also the picture!!

SignGurl said...

Susie, you are so creative! I always love the pictures that go with them.

I already told you, but I did my 55 early.

snowelf said...

Hey Susie!! I love the 55's that you are guessing to figure out to the end! :)


--snow

Irish Mamar® said...

Awesome Susie! Love it. And I played again. I'm loving this game.

~Irish

Jacob said...

I haven't 55'ed in a long time and I only tried it once. I swear. I didn't exhale, either.

Evening said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lime said...

eeeeek! i am glad dance found her!

Lelly said...

Cool story! I didn't play but I DID also (sort of) loose my Nokia too, by getting it soaking wet is a sudden torrential downpour WITH HAIL, whilst taking a shortish (2 hour) hill walk in Wales. It was BOILING HOT on the way up, so we didn't have waterproofs or nuthin'!
I should have know better...The weather in the UK is bonkers!!

Perdante said...

They called my mom!!!
Glad it got found...
I lose everything also.

Mona said...

susie... do you keep in touch with lime? if you do I think you should talk to her on phone or something...

Anonymous said...

Losing once mobile phone sounds like a night mare to me!!!!

Talking about mobile phones - come on over and check how much fun you can have on the beach with it (and I still don't get paid? :-(