Monday, August 27, 2007

They Had Two Sets Of Arms, They Had Two Sets Of Legs....

Image hosting by Photobucket
Today on Musical Monday, I have chosen a song from the film Hedwig and the Angry Inch. If you haven't yet seen this film, and you aren't allergic to gay...you really oughta. Of course, the Ratburn and I were lucky enough to catch the live version of Hedwig, twice, and may I say, what a show it was, folks! Not to be missed.
Now, in case you are interested, and I know you are, Rufus has also recorded a cover of this tune, and I will include it also...however, you won't have to watch it, just listen, as it's a really lame ass homemade video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYQGgl-quVg

(The Rufus Wainwright cover, I know you are all rushing over there to see it!)

Have a lovely Monday everyone, and WDKY, fabulous news about your mum!

The Origins Of Love


Last time I saw you
We had just split in two.
You were looking at me.
I was looking at you.
You had a way so familiar,
But I could not recognize,
Cause you had blood on your face;
I had blood in my eyes.
But I could swear by your expression
That the pain down in your soul
Was the same as the one down in mine.
That's the pain,
Cuts a straight line
Down through the heart;
We called it love

5 comments:

WDKY said...

Thanks babe... and I posted video too today. Now get your beautiful arse (sorry - ass) over to my place a leave a comment...

Logophile said...

Ooooh, I like that.

Scary Monster said...

Me were going to see the movie when me cable company were offering it, but decided against it cuz Me thought it were going to be a flick about owls.

Nice place you got here. Me must come back again and sift through yer archives.

The 55 flash thing seems kinda intristin mebbe me gonna give it a try.

STOMP!

Keyser Soze said...

OK, your last couple of comments were both confused and confusing LOL
I'll tell you the whole story if you email me. It's too complicated to do via comments and I don't want to blog it in too much detail.

Jacob said...

Croly Hap! That has GOT to be the most powerful song of all time. I loved being able to follow the words on the Rufus version.

Man, that's a great song. Thanks, Sooze.