Saturday, May 13, 2006

My life is brilliant.My love is pure. I saw an angel, of that i'm sure....

Shamelessly stolen from Cockney Rhyming Slang, and inspired by the Lovely Lelly and her Manhole covers
who correctly predicted that James Blunt would be the next cockney slang word for ...erm, uh, well you know....





James Blunt. Lovely guy.
Shame about the stage name.




James Blunt most popular new Cockney Rhyming Slang suggestion for fifth month running! (Acckkkk!!!!)
Here at cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk we have to ask ourselves - given that nearly all celebrity names are turned into some form of Cockney Rhyming Slang at some point - and given that James Blunt's REAL name is in fact James BLOUNT - which has no hilarious Cockney connotations at all - why would he choose to call himself James Blunt, when it's Cockney Rhyming Slang equivalent is is so blindingly obvious!? Answers on a postcard. But please - don't anybody submit James Blunt as new Cockney slang - everybody knows what it rhymes with :-)

OK I Just have to interrupt here...is James Bl(o)unt English? ...waitaminit....Wiki says yes he is.....ok well....um, should we tell them the other meaning for blunt? Hee hee! My theory is that he didnt wanna be mistaken for this guy while Wiki-ing.

James Blunt - lovely guy, shame about the stage name

Top 10 latest London slang ...

Try to guess the translations before you click the names!

Ewan McGreggor from gary on 12-May-2006
Tom Hanks from gary on 12-May-2006
50 Cent from kevin McThomas on 12-May-2006
Cousin Kyle from kevinMcThomas on 12-May-2006
Postman Pat from kevin McThomas on 12-May-2006
Patrick Swayze from Gary on 12-May-2006
Snake's Hiss from ian smith on 12-May-2006
Stick of Glue from K. Cummings on 11-May-2006
Struggle and Grunt from gary on 11-May-2006
Political Farce from Danny James on 11-May-2006

Click on the links for their translations.

Ready to have some fun? Make up your own cockney rhyming slang for your own name or some celebrity or whoever you want!

12 comments:

lime said...

lol, my brain doesn't think that way
-bubbles

S said...

LOL Bubbles!

Logophile said...

funny stuff, Suse.
I'm with bubbles
(snicker snicker)

Minka said...

I love that song. Ha dit on my site for quite a while. never thought about his name! "What´s in a name?"
But I know what it rhymes with and that is not good!

mr ratburn said...

Ok, here's mine......

Susie Blair = stare


"I was at the pub trying to have me a pint o' Guinness, and that old bird was givin' me the Susie"

Ok OK I crack myself up...I think my blog pals just don't get this cockney stuff....hey, where is Ian when you need him?

S said...

Tori Amos = famous

"Sheesh, just because you live next to Viggo doesn't make you all Tori or something!"


:P Har har

Perdante said...

BLUNTS

Lelly said...

Cool post Susie, never was a rhyming slang tribute more richly deserved!
LOL at the Oirish/Cockernee fusion going on in Mr Ratburns comment!
A friend gave my name rhyme quite a while ago, it was 'new shoes'

ttfootball said...

funny stuff...to think ppl really say this ish? LOL

Stephanie said...

I don't get the changing your name/stage name thing. Case in point, Engelbert Humperdink! Why, oh why would you change your name to that????

CyberWarlock said...

I don't rhyme with anything.

Anonymous said...

here...in answer to your calls...!!!
despite that i am VERY North of England, i do enjoy the old cockney rhyming stuff...some of the funniest come from a particularly uncomfortable disease...
Rockford Files/Farmer Giles etc etc...
others...
Niagara's
Thripenny Bits
Raspberry Ripples
Gary Glitter
(this one may be lost on most of our friends across the pond...lol...funny how a lot of them refer to body parts or bodily functions...)