Monday, May 01, 2006

we walked on frosted fields of juniper and lamplight...

This isn't a Tori song....but for some reason I've had it in my head for the past two days, so today I dug out my (age is showing) old Simon and Garfunkel LP and played For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her. And then, later today, I discovered that Tori has covered this tune. See below*
I love For Emily..it's such a beautiful song...



what a dream i had
pressed in organdy
clothed in crinoline of smoky burgundy
softer than the rain
i wandered empty streets down past the shop displays
i heard cathedral bells tripping down the alley ways
as i walked on
and when you ran to me
your cheeks flushed with the night
we walked on frosted fields of juniper and lamplight
i held your hand
and when i awoke and felt you warm and near
i kissed your honey hair with my grateful tears
oh, i love you girl...
oh, i love you


OK Tori people, can you just imagine Tori singing that song? I've got to dig this one up!



*Tori has performed this song live during the Pink Tour in Partsmouth, England on April 21, 1994 and in Ottawa, ONT on November 3, 1994(L). The former track can be found on the Tori Stories bootleg."I'm gonna sing you a story, ok. This is one of my favorite songs, I grew up listening to this song. I've only played this like one time live, and uh, I used to listen to this song and dream of…I know you're gonna go 'why did you dream that?' but I used to dream of being in England, right. I know, I know...why not California! I dreamed that too. But anyway, and I would listen to this song and I would be walking down when it was raining. I'm from the South, it was all very romantic."-- Tori intro to song; Portsmouth, England 04/21/94

Have a lovely Tuesday!

11 comments:

the Yearning Heart said...

I love - no, I love that song. I love Paul Simon songs. I even named my blog after a Paul Simon song.

Logophile said...

Happy Tuesday, babe, sounds like that's a good one, you can include it on my next Tori CD
:-p

Ryan said...

happy tuesday 2 u!

Mone said...

I sure love Tori Amos.

CyberWarlock said...

Oddly enough.. I was AT that concert in Ottawa in 1994. Weird, small world it is.

The Persian said...

I have that Tori Stories boot .. it was insanely priced back in my collecting days but I managed to snag one for $100.

Happy Tori Tuesday :)

The Village Idiot said...

YOu are becoming quite the tori historian..you should write a book

lime said...

i do love s&g and that song is so lovely. would be interesting to hear her rendition

Cristina Rodguez said...

Isn't she desperately beautiful?

Zen Wizard said...

As I recall, the whole album that that song was on was really good--I must have listened to it a thousand times.

And there stuff always reminded me of England, also--I have no idea why.

Stephanie said...

Happy belated Tori Tuesday!

You will be proud of me .. I took all the cd's you made for me and put them on my Ipod!! Now - I know the names of all the songs I like!! Woohoo!