Friday, June 02, 2006

55Flash Fiction Friday

Yesterday I heard that song 99 Luftballoons by Nena. Remember that one? I dunno, what with a major California election coming up, and that "idiot that some village in Texas is missing" in office, and "the war", this song kinda stuck in my head..... It's a song about war, but also about hope and peace. Ok yeah, I didn't write it, but we are rebels right? We do what we want. Funny thing, the first verse of this song in English is 55 words plus the number 99....Have fun, I look forward to reading yours. Peace.



You and I in a little toy shop
Buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got.
Set them free at the break of dawn
'Til one by one, they were gone.
Back at base, bugs in the software
Flash the message, Something's out there.
Floating in the summer sky.
99 red balloons go by. .....

12 comments:

lime said...

ack, blogger and my browser are in cahoots. good post, i didn't do a 55 today , life is too crazy to be creative AND disciplined.

Queenmatrai said...

Damn I love that song...and its also sung in another language i cant remember which language though

noojes

S said...

It's German, Noojie poo!

Melissa said...

Dass ein gutes Lied Susie..

mines on my blog as usual.
;)

Hypersonic said...

I remember that song sooo well. Now it's bouncing around in my brain. In the UK it was released in German first, then when it welled up from the underground Nena re-recorded it in English.

Hypersonic said...

I fergotted. I posted a wee story as per yer challenge.

Sidewaysagain said...

It's 2am, rainy, and once again I'm trying to convince this pimply Kinko's counter clerk that changing the date on my gas receipt is a necessary errand. The last three times I did this all went well, but tonight, my hands shake a little as her smirk hardens. Since I know her, or at least I think I do, I bump the nickle bag to a dime, and her smile gladens my panicked heart.

Ciao Bella Barefoot_Mistress, S & L

Stephanie said...

Oooooo, I like that song too - forgot about it though. I may need to visit iTunes.

Happy Friday Susie Q!!

E said...

Have you heard that covered by "Goldfinger" I love it such a happy song. Brilliant pic!

Queenmatrai said...

Phew finally updated my links and guess what, YOU'RE Linked :)

noojes

WDKY said...

I loved that song! And in those days (I was young!) I thought she was really sexy :-)

Have a good one, Susie x

Cosima said...

She still sings, and does a lot for children. She has four of her own now. I absolutely love her voice and her lyrics. At www.nena.de you can listen to her new album. All German though.