Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Well, I think the good book is missing some pages.....


In the words of my best pal, Ian, PHWOARRRR!!!!

Ok you guys, I am all quizzed out...I have two more prizes and I'm giving one to Lime for effort, evil and otherwise, Snavs because I love her and she's a Tori convert....and Aerik, hows come you haven't claimed your prize yet, oh humble Tori expert? Hmnnnn??

I loaded up this Tori pic and then began to wonder what Tori thingy to write about today, and the song Icicle popped into my head. Maybe it's the blue of the lighting back there... I don't know...but today we talk about one of everybodys favorite subjects......


Icicle

icicle icicle where are you going
i have a hiding place when spring marches in
will you keep watch for me
i hear them calling
gonna lay down
gonna lay down
greeting the monster in our easter dresses
father says bow your head like the good book says
well i think the good book is missing some pages
gonna lay down
gonna lay down
and when my hand touches myself
i can finally rest my head
and when they say 'take of his body'
i think i'll take from mine instead
getting off getting off
while they're all downstairs
singing prayers sing away
he's in my pumpkin p.j.'s
lay your book on my chest
feel the word
feel the word
feel the word
feel it
i could have
i should have
i could have flown
you know
i could have
i should have
i didn't so


"In Icicle I try to win back the innocence of my childhood. That girl that masturbates to survive, the vulnerable, innocent flower, has always done good things for us. She's had to fence off certain parts of herself to get ahead. Now it's time to light the candle and melt those parts. Who dares to open him- or herself can also forgive themselves for not having stood up for themselves enough."
"Sakura sakura yayoi no sora wa miwatasu kagiri. I dreamed things were frozen in ice songs and other dreams and the ice can carry secret messages that warm a little girl's heart."-- Tori; Under The Pink SongbookThe UK Past The Mission (Part 1) single contains a live version of Icicle, recorded in Los Angeles, CA on March 22, 1994.

Have a lovely Tuesday, everyone!

7 comments:

Logophile said...

Masturbation and the bible, sounds like a song to me!
I got a FABULOUS Tori patch today
:D
Thanks quiz mistress Susie!

WDKY said...

Tori who?

CyberWarlock said...

I have a bad habbit of that actually and a history of not claiming prizes going back years. I generally pass off my winnings to the next in line. Though, I could probably make an exception for say, the lottery. (^_^) Happy Tori Tuesday.

lime said...

woohoo! fun song! can;t wait to get my patch. thanks suse!

Anonymous said...

I uploaded a Tori song today.. On today's post :) Its somewhere hiding in green.. mu ha ha ha ha ha

TORI TUESDAY!!!!!

Gary said...

Those pictures iin your last lost are teriffic. Looks like you had a way fun time.

Stephanie said...

Happy Tori Tuesday Susie Q.