Sunday, October 07, 2007

Mr Versatile....


Today on Musical Monday I have chosen Terry Hall. who has been involved in all sorts of cool bands like The Specials and Fun Boy Three. This video is Terry Hall and Sinead O'connor....and a pretty cool tune if you ask me, but if you like it hard, you arent gonna like it.
So let me try again then, with A Gathering Storm.
My ol pal over at Fortress Guinness turned me onto Terry Hall and Mushtaq about 5 years ago...I really wanted to share that music, but there is no video, and you know I love my visuals, so pop on over to this link to hear Terry Hall and Mushtaq, A Gathering Storm. Plus, you can read all about their release in 2003, called The Hour of Two Lights.

If you are at all into middle eastern drumming, or bellydance, you will love A Gathering Storm. Mushtaq is fabulous! Thanks for turning me onto Terry Hall and Mushtaq, FG!

And now may I present Miss Sinead O'connor and Mr Terry Hall ...check him out, lighting a butt at the end of this thing.

All Kinds Of Everything



Have an awesome day! (Do I always sound this Cali?)

7 comments:

WDKY said...

That is the most amazing coincidence... I was seconds away from posting Terry Hall myself this morning, and then decided to go in another direction for now.

Bloody hell. Spooky.

Anonymous said...

Perfect for my day today!!! :)

LisaPizza said...

You have CALIfornia in your blood, so yes you do sound a bit like a cross between a hippy chick from the 1960's Haight and a Valley Girl from the 80's at times. It's part of what makes you so lovable. Thanks for sharing the tunes. I especially love the mid-eastern vibe.

S said...

A hippie val, Lisa?
Like totally groovy for sure, oh my god, man!

jillie said...

You? Sound Cali? Dude...have a beochin day...(in my finest Spiccoli impersonation) lol!!

good choice today ;o)

G-Man said...

Gnarly........

Anonymous said...

yes my dear...you always sound that Cali...!!! lol ;)

well well well...once again i am humbled by your concurrence with my musical taste Suse...i just hope some people like it enough to actually buy the CD...!!! i'm sure Mr. Hall would welcome a few extra bob in the coffers...!!! (^_^)