Sunday, May 25, 2008

Musical Monday

This weekend my neighbors dog attacked Gupta and nearly killed her. To make a long story short, at this point I am having neighbor issues as my moron of a neighbor convinces the owner of our houses that her dog is a safe choice for this neighborhood.
For the life of me, I cannot figure out why this woman thinks it is ok to have a dangerous animal living in a neighborhood with children, and since this dog, who has been here a week, has "only attacked two cats" and no humans, the man that owns our homes does not think it is important.
I would like my neighbor to look my daughter in the eye and tell her that she doesnt give a fucking damn about her safety, about her pets safety, or that her dog about killed my cat.
I rarely use my blog to vent, rather to post creative stuff thats often fluffy and light. I cannot find inside myself anything fluffy and light. I am worried about my cats and my childs safety.
I have a $308. dollar vet bill, and I can't let either cat outside. I am just in hell people. Wish me the best and for some sense of this situation.
In the meanwhile, here's some Rufus. I love this song. I have posted in before. It makes me happy. Have a lovely day.

8 comments:

barman said...

I hope you filled some sort of complaint against the owner. The only way you are going to be able to do anything is to have some sort of proof this person is a menace. Can't you get that person to pay the vet bills? I mean I hate to sue people but this one sounds like they have it coming. It is just a matter of time before that dog will be put down and all because of irresponsible owners.

Sending an off the wall *hug* your way. I hope you feel better soon and hope there is a solution to your mess before it proves to be fatal for someone or someones pet.

Nice song Susie.

Mina Lamieux said...

I truly am sorry and I know how you feel. I see the inability to be respectable dog owners every where I turn! I see people making poor decisions with their dogs as I walk my own... such as aggressive dogs left on looong leads! What are you thinking letting your TWO dogs go on Looong leads and lunging at other dogs????!!!!

G-Man said...

Awwwww...
Poor Gupta...
Let's have Mona put a Hidu Mojo Hex on that Mutt...xox

RiverPoet said...

I had to stop letting my cats out after we moved up to Maryland. There are just too many people who don't like animals and like to mistreat the ones they see. And yes, plenty of dogs are running loose and are dangerous. I haven't caught your whole story here, but I hope your cat heals up okay..Peace - D

lime said...

that's not right and if you need to vent here yo ugo right ahead.

i wonder is there some local ordinance that applies to the situation about dogs that are not properly restrained by their owners...kept on their own property or prevented from attacking. if your landlord won't do anything about it perhaps local ordinances are on your side and you can get satisfaction that way.

Akelamalu said...

Irresponsible dog owners are a nightmare! Don't know how it works there but can the police help? Oh and why not present the moron with your vet's bill!

Logophile said...

I know a guy who knows a guy, you want I should call him?

BTExpress said...

Sorry about your cat. Does the neighbor let his dog roam free? If so, call the dog catcher on him.

My old dog hated cats and squirrels and chased everyone that came into our back yard. Luckily he never caught any.