Thursday, January 05, 2006

(If you're looking for , scroll down to previous post! )

Little Rita Rocks!



Little Rita and her awesome hair!




As most of you know, Little Rita has tons of long blonde hair. With a brunette mom and a red head dad, it's kind of trippy that she turned out that way! LR loves her long hair, except when it comes to brushing it. Caring for it becomes a time consuming, expensive, painful experience. So, we had heard about this organization called Locks of Love, which makes wigs for children and adults with hair loss from chemo and other diseases. Of course, they need people to donate their hair, because they use real human hair for most of their wigs....
Little Rita donated her hair! We cut 13" off on Wednesday. We couldn't be prouder of our girl, who is giving another child a chance to have lovely hair again.

If you want more info, you can check out the Locks of Love site at http://www.locksoflove.org/

Check out our beautiful girls new haircut!




16 comments:

Jerrster said...

BIG APPLAUSE to Lovely Rita...what an inspiring post. Her new "Do" is fantastic as well. EXCELLENT!!!

Just Brian said...

She is lovely. You must be so proud of her. HHNT

Drywall Mom said...

I wish I could just keep my hair looking like hers before when it got that long. My hair can't look that good that long before the split ends start showing their ugly head. Man I wish I was a kid again with that kind of hair. As for her. That takes alot of guts for a kid to do something that dramatic as cutting off that much hair. I know. So applauds to her for not being selfish and giving it to someone that doesn't have any.

Chick said...

What a great & beautiful kid!

Her t-shirt says it all.

Stephanie said...

She is just so beautiful - inside and out!! What a wonderful thing to do!!

HUGS!!

Breazy said...

That is what my sister is doing .Growing her hair out for Locks of Love . Your daughter is beautiful , especially with the new hair cut !

Bsoholic said...

Totally AWESOME! She does indeed ROCK! That is so great of her. Her new haircut looks good too!

Logophile said...

Lil Rita is fabulous.
Gorgeous inside and out!
What an awesome thing to do.

lime said...

wtg, lil rita!!! what gorgeous hair and what a wonderful thing to do!

Pirate said...

Rita Rocks. You are a blessed mother with such a nice daughter and a pretty one at that.

Scott & Julia said...

She's so cute! And that's a great charity! Kudos to LR for thinking of other kids!

The Zombieslayer said...

What a sweet girl. That's cool she did that.

I cut off 13 1/2 inches of hair once. Kept it for years but lost it. Black hair isn't as rare as blonde hair though, so hers is a little harder to fill. That's just so cool. :)

Fig said...

That is awesome! I bet she's so happy with her shorter and much easier hair... I know my daughter was. She was 4 and we cut off 17 inches and sent it in.

PlatinumGirl said...

Wow, that's some beautiful hair. Generous gesture as well. My hair was so much softer before I started having it colored! Makes me long for the good ol' days . . .

Leesa said...

Wow..that is awesome. I also donated my hair once. I had it down to my waist and cut it as short as hers.
She is very cool:)

BTExpress said...

I just teared up after reading this post, That was a wonderful thing she did.