Monday, January 23, 2006

It's All About Me, So Deal With It!!

My husband is a teacher. Here we have my husband in his classroom. Look who's behind him! Is that Albert Einstein? I'm so blind I can't be sure....Mr Ratburn, as he is affectionately known, is a very strict teacher. I bet you can't tell from that happy smile there. And what is with that orange shirt? The picture was taken on Halloween, so Ratburn is wearing his Halloween shirt, complete with plastic spider buttons.

But some of you must be wondering...why do we call him Mr Ratburn? I'm sure that if you are a parent, you know exactly why. Mr Ratburn is the name of Arthur's (the aardvark) very strict but well meaning teacher. Mr Ratburn sings this song that goes a little like this:
"Chart the journey that Balboa took, do the first 100 pages in your new math book, just a little homework tonight, just a little homework, homework......"
And my very own Mr Ratburn told me, "Mr Ratburn is my hero, I want to be just like him."

12 comments:

The Village Idiot said...

He doesnt look like an aardvark or a rat..but i will give you this. The man doesnt do starbucks..so keep him!

Logophile said...

Yay, Mr. Ratburn!!
Good choice, Susie, I think you have a keeper there!

lime said...

lol, yay for ratburn! thanks for the formal introduction

Happy Hiker said...

Ohh a teacher, eh? Do you ever do the school girl/teacher routine behind closed doors?

S said...

LOL Hiker~ Shhhh!

Bsoholic said...

Right on! What grade does he teach? Just curious...

Stephanie said...

LOL - was watching PBS this weekend, saw Mr. Ratburn and just giggled!!

oregoncelticlady said...

Gotta love teachers! I will really enjoy Aurthur books now. Hey, come check out my fairy pix!

S said...

Ratburn teaches high school, BS

Robin said...

I admire your husband for being a GOOD teacher! There are so very very few. I'm sure his students are blessed to have him!

Perdante said...

lol..mouses

Hobbes said...

Strict??? Homework???
What about self-esteem and fun?
weirsdo ; ]