Friday, August 04, 2006

55Flash Fiction Friday

Ouch, cursed beast, that hurt!
A tick on my neck? slap!
Mannnnn, it's hot!
I have to crawl through where? This tree wasn't here last year!

Thorns!!!!!

That was a lot of complaining! Part of the deal, folks!
Rio and I would like to officially announce the opening of blackberry season!
Come and get em!


Dig my hip berry picking outfit....mismatched tie dyes! Ack!

It is a family tradition to smear the dog and ourselves and anyone else willing during or after the first picking. No animals were harmed in the making of this 55.




And now let's have your 55 folks!

10 comments:

~art said...

I'm jealous! I grew up in upstate NY and we always picked blackberries and rasberries by the bucketfull with our mom. Here in Florida the most you could pick is an orange, and.....well.... the owner may shoot at you if you make to much noise in his field. peace~art

Amber said...

What happened to you? Mauled by Rio, scratched up my thorny bushes, or a victim of a terrible blackberry incident?

lime said...

awesome! I so want to come picking with you!

Logophile said...

On my way, just let me check some flights, oooh, darn, they are going to want money, aren't they?
Oh well, I will enjoy it from here the best I can.
And my 55 in on my blog, ma'am.

Queenmatrai said...

Totally adorable

noojes

Amber said...

Hey suze, it played too!

Stephanie said...

Now that is a fun tradition!!

Minka said...

A family tadition to my liking. Enjoy the sweet taste and please try to refrain from painting the walls with them :)

RennyBA said...

What a wonderful habit and you both looks charming in that picture!
We don't often find blackberry in Norway - more bluebeery and my wife from the US makes lovely blue berry pancakes and muffins. Thanks for the reminder - I off for a trip in the forest:-)

Fred said...

Can you send some to me?