Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Broken Things.....

This is the picture I got when I googled "broken things"!

I don't know why, but lately a lot of things have been breaking around here, and if that's not enough, things are also getting mighty lost. Instead of whining about my individual losses, why not post them all right here, then you can all pity me at once! Then, if you want, you can tell me what you've lost or have broken lately.

Broken:

Ipod Shuffle - will not hold a charge, it's under warranty though, new one on way.
Weed Wacker - your standard everyday "heavy duty" weed wacker just doesn't last through a 2 acre field of grass over and over, year after year.
Vacuum - OK if anyone can reccomend a vacuum that actually works, can handle people hair, thread, fabric scraps, wool, cat hair and dust, and doesn't cost $1,000, let me know. I have had this vacuum LESS than a year, and I think it worked properly for about a month. Don't tell me to go out and buy a fucking Hoover, thats what this disapointment is.
Front Screen Door Latch - They just don't make em like they used to! Door always open, flies come in, wasps too...come on in, why not? Let's have a bug party!
Garbage Can Lid - The kitchen trash can...they have those cute little lids that come with them, with a push button lid opener, so you can say, open it with your toes. Now, somehow the spring got lost and no doubt, fell into the trash can, and is now in the county dump. I always thought those trash cans should come with TWO LIDS, are you people listening, because this is about the fifth trash can I am going to have to replace, while the can itself is still in perfect shape, can you imagine the horrors of NO trashcan lid in the kitchen? ACK!
Kitchen Cabinets - We live in a pre-fab home, need I say more? Our kitchen is borderline Trailer Trash circa 1981!
Serger - After working that puppy hard for 12 years, pretty much non-stop, she's gone and went kaput on me, and i've been waiting for the repair for a month....sigh....in the meanwhile borrowing an Elna..forget it people, Berninas are the only way to go.
Printer - Erm, cat hair is the culprit..but, it makes really pretty copies with, like, ink trails and fuzz prints and such. The post office lady wouldn't accept Little Ritas passport application that we printed off of our computer, if that tells you anything.
BBQ Grill - Just, I don't know, ask Mr Ratburn about this stuff. And anyway, after Oatys last bunny carnage, I'm not too thrilled about eating meat!
My car (tune-up) - Just, yeah, a tune up, but the expensive 150,000 miles one, the one where that light went on, that light that must be OUT before you get your car smogged...uh, which I need to do in August.
Digital Camera #1 - Well, this one has been broken for two years, I was hiking, saw a bear, got all flustered, tripped, fell on camera, broke LCD window...camera still works, just can't see through that window...and yeah, you're gonna have to deal with that camera, Logo, because, well, see below*....
Lost:
Camera - *I lost it and I have no idea where, so now I have to use* that one up there!
Cell phone - You already know that story. *UPATE*Cellphone received today from Hawaii.
I'm not even gonna do that math...how much to fix/replace it all.....glad my....never mind, I'd better not say it....
All together now....say it....."AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!"


13 comments:

TUG said...

Wow, that's alot of stuff!

Perdante said...

DANG!!
we go through alot of vaccums here

Get a creative mp3 player.
apple products are shit and not to mention the company is not enviromenatlly concerned...

Anonymous said...

It had to be planet Mercury entering something cosmic influence.
We love the Oreck XL but they're around 3 bills.

lime said...

dang you must live in sopme cosmic vortex of appliance damage force fileds or somethign. that's a bit insane....though i must say we have two broken ipods here...nothign mysterious though....just people being irresponsible.

G-Man said...

Susie,
calm down girl,
Not everything likes it rough like Ratburn!!
Nice Bunny pic..xox

Bsoholic said...

Daaaaaang! That's quite a bummer! Sorry for ya. You know what they say... something about one door closing another opens - dunno if that counts for like 15 doors at a time though? lol

Mina Lamieux said...

I dont know what it is with iPods but that seems to be a problem. I've been through 2 minis so far.. all still under warranty and replaced free of charge. Just replaced the throttle in my car too.

Logophile said...

Aaaaaaaawa!
Oh man, Susie, that IS quite the list.
What a pisser.
Stop it!!

Grimstarr said...

Okay ... I'll play too ... AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! LOL Hi Suze. Long time no visit. I am alive and I'm back. (ask Lime if you want, she has the whole story.) Missed you a lot though and you are still as beautiful as evAH! MUWAH ... see you on Flash Fiction Friday!
TG

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww (well you asked for it LoL)
This post looks like the definition of Murphy's law (the law of maximum bad luck).
I'll cross my fingers and toes to that your puter still is fine and I love to read your blog!

snowelf said...

ROFL!! I am a vacuum killer! Gawd, it's probably because I commented on your blog and your vacuum got wind (haha)of it...
I'm so, so sorry...

People keep swearing by Dysons on my blog, but I don't know how much they cost...

--snow

Amber said...

I know how you fell, it just seems like everything breaks all at once. Just last week,our trash can broke,our tape deck stopped playing tapes,my car brakes are shot and our waterpurifier broke, I am really thirsty.

(M)ary said...

Your karma is out of wack. I suggest burning some sage to clear the air, then make your family wear brown as a grounding color and yellow for mental clarity. This might help with the breaking and losing issues.