Sunday, April 23, 2006

Ack!




Last week Little Rita came home from school with a raging case of pink eye. It was NOT there 4 hours earlier when I took her to school. So, doctor appt, money, money, money, fancy eye drops.....but the eye swelled up and took about 5 days to clear up. The doctor said it was only contagious for 24 hours after taking the eye drops.....
OK, so, how come its a week later, LR is totally better, and yesterday my right eye started itching me? ....ack....by nighttime it was red and swollen...and all night I had to pry my eye apart...and, ya know, ew!
This morning my eye is swollen totally shut. No way! Are you kidding? You do NOT get to see it! I would like you all to remember me as lovely as I usually am.
If this gets into my other eye, I will be blinded completely until it clears up. You know I've got amblyopia!
So, I had a thought, about our Hijackers and how we've all gotten a bit worn out from trying to maintain blogs, jobs, families, and secret private lives... LOL J/K......Logo has a nasty cold, Limes got major one handed typing issues, and me, well you can just call me One Eyed Sue, your pirate pal for a few more days...anyone got a patch and a parrot I can borrow?

(If I disappear completely, you will know it's because my "good eye" got the pink eye and i'll be a NO EYE for a couple days......Practicing for blindness?)

8 comments:

lime said...

holy cow there is some sort of plague on the hijackers! get well soon

The Absent Minded Housewife said...

Pink eye is sexy.

As for your paper mache' head. See if you can construct it with room to put a small ice pack. That and good ventilation around the mouth and nose will hopefully keep his head cool! (Professional mascot costumers place small electric fans inside the heads. Something to consider, but not something I've ever done.) Placing icepacks in the body of the suit helps too.

Perdante said...

You can borrow my eye patch..I made it when i had pink eye.

Logophile said...

A pox is on our house.
Get better, babe, I am mostly better today.

Grimstarr said...

How can you hawk my beer if you got no eyes? Wait, I'm seeing a marketing strategy here. Bollywood does "Pirates of the Carribean" starring Susie as Tamil Tiger Sue, Scourge of the Indian Ocean. Hey, it could happen. Hope you are better babe.
TG

Stephanie said...

I'm thinking we should have an Hijacked Injuries HNT.

Be better soon Susie Q.

Grimstarr said...

By the way, my cat's name is Lil' Bit. Thanks for askin'!
TG

Crystal said...

doh. that is exactly why i am scared to have kids.