Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Idiot and Barefoots Official Weekly Tropical Top Five



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




"Rob, top five musical crimes perpetuated by Stevie Wonder in the '80s and '90s. Go. Sub-question: is it in fact unfair to criticize a formerly great artist for his latter day sins, is it better to burn out or fade away?"



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As some of you might know, a few of us bloggers, namely the Hijackers, met in Yahoo's Trivia Madness! I have known The Village Idiot about the longest, I think.....more than 4 years. One of the silly things we used to do in PM box while waiting for Trivia Madness to pick up was to play that Five Desert Island songs game....you know the one, you pick 5 songs that you MUST have with you if stranded on a deserted island...with your IPOD or CD Player with a lifetime supply of batteries....
So this week The Idiot and I would like to introduce to you The Idiot and Barefoots Official Weekly Tropical Top Five Game.
Do you think we are going to make this easy on you? That's right, we are not! What we will have are different categories......and then you will list, either on your blog, or in comments, your top five songs that fit that category, and let us know if you played.
This weeks category, which is one of my favorites from the long list that we've compiled over the years, is called:

"Top 5 Songs to Have on your Ipod While Cruising Hot Babes in the Freezer Section of the Grocery Store"



Icicle by Tori Amos
Cold Ethel by Alice Cooper
Popsicle Toes by Michael Franks
Sex and Candy by Marcy Playground

Ice Cream Love by Kwame Mark & the Kushite Raiders

( I did not make this song up, and you can't either!)

So now let's have your list!

14 comments:

Breazy said...

hmmmm I am going to have to think about this and get back to you ! Fun game !

mr ratburn said...

ok........
whole lotta love-zep
feel like makin love- bad co.
big bottom- spinal tap
fat bottom girls-queen
f--k her gently, tenacious d

Logophile said...

Cold Blooded~ Rick James
Ice Cream~ Sarah McLachlan
Lick~ Joi
Cold~ Crossfade
Freeze~ Rush

lime said...

why would i be cruising hot babes? but

1.ice cream man by vanhalen
2.you're as cold as ice (is this by foreigner? i dunno)
3.ride of the valkyries (i dunno something viking-ish seems right)

that's all i got, my brian is frozen, i am staring out the window lookin gat the 3 inches of snow we've gotten in the last 3 hours. i am depressed.

S said...

Hot babes can be men, ya know!

CozyMama said...

jack black is too funny.

The Village Idiot said...

Alright Susie..time to bring this to the masses..

and as long as no one mentions ice ice baby....from that famous white bread wanna be Vanilla Ice...oh damn!!! too late

MG said...

susie, ok, thanks for telling me, I love this and damn now I want ice cream...

ok, cruising for hott guys in the FREEZER section, I'd be listening to:

Volcano - Jimmy Buffet
(warm up)
Pour Some Sugar on Me -Def Leppard
(peaches and cream)
Love Me Two Times -Aerosmith
(well, it's just a good song)
Shiver -Maroon 5
(I want be satisfied till I'm under your skin)
I'll Melt With You
(well it fits the topic ;) )

Callie said...

Very fun game!! But, everything I'd use is taken. LOL!!

Kelly said...

LOL, cool game! I'll have to think about this one!

Amber said...

I love Tori Amos. I would post more but I am having trouble with my blog, the screen comes up all messed up and I can't post anything right now, only from my mom's pc. Well keep checking back maybe I will figure it out.

S said...

Oooh, MG, hey, I'll trade you a Tori CD for a copy of your cruising for hott guys in the FREEZER section picks! They sound like a lot of fun!

Thanks for playing, everyone!

Mike said...

Oh this should be fun!

Melissa said...

hmmm.. check out my blog on Friday for my answer! (or later tonight if I get it finished)

I have to think about this one for a bit!