Friday, March 16, 2007

55 Flash Fiction...whenever!

Everyone wakes so bloody early in this village!
Can't I just sleep late for once,
without sounds of Ramesh's gurgling and spitting,
Smita's singing!
Lakshmi calling her little cats at dawn,
how I hate that!
Here comes that annoying paaniwallah
blabbering through the streets.
And curses! Worst of all
the creaking of chapati carts wheels!
In small villages in India, where the houses are built very close together...you can hear all these waking up sounds in the morning, causing you to want to get out of bed and go take a peek out the window....and you are never disappointed. But then you are awake and sigh....

I hope you will write a 55 today, or at least write something...perhaps a haiku, like Lime does....
Have a lovely weekend!

15 comments:

Paul Joe said...

i have never been to India could you tell me about your stays in India ,and the people you meet,and what you really like there?

Paul Joe said...

if you can't get through to me you can e-mail me pjettoo@ford.com

RennyBA said...

I now it's awful to wake up that early, but admit it was charming too:-)
Thanks for using one of your life to visit me and I wish you and the family a wonderful weekend!

lime said...

what a cute little cottage though, but yes, it's somewhat similar in parts of trinidad. i also had a 'friend' who used to enjoy phoning me at 6:30 am on a saturday just in case i was still sleeping. evil....

i didn'twrite today...i got nuthin but some goofy quizzes

tkkerouac said...

you have such an interesting life.

Can you give me your opinion of the dove ladies I've posted?

jillie said...

I am sure that I would be the first one shot telling someone to shut the hell up...LOL!

But I guess it's better than someones car alarm going off at 4:00 a.m.!
Have a great wknd!

Anonymous said...

i miss 55 fiction

i have to start again

cathy said...

can someone please tell me about 55 fiction.I wanna play.
Incidentally I would cut my own throat rather than say the D word :)

cathy said...

Attempted the 55,thanks for replying.

G-Man said...

Laughing, Singing
Gurgling, Spitting
Will Susie ever stop Drinking?

G-Man said...

Hows that for a Haiku?

You know why I keep comming back here don't you?

...you have awesome feet!

And besides, I really like you......G

TorAa said...

You are one of my fav's. 'cause you present something thoughtful. Though not all will discover it. Read your posts from an about India.

btw. fire your gun, I'm a novise in Anglais.

hugs from me and Renny

Anonymous said...

wonderful imagery susie!
tc

TorAa said...

Hi I'm back - and also in India, with you as my memory guide. Excellent.

Have blasting Sunday.

hugs from the Oslo-cruise-team

Anonymous said...

Those curved tiles....

How I wish i could find them now... elegant...