Friday, March 02, 2007

I Remember You Well At The Chelsea Hotel....

Since you all loved my last post of a Leonard Cohen cover so much, I have another video clip for you from the Im Your Man film. This time it's Rufus Wainwright doing Chelsea Hotel #2. It's just fantastic, I promise, although it's apparent my musical tastes have a way of rubbing some people the wrong way...
I just love Rufus...isn't he a doll?



Check out this bit with Rufus and his pals dancing to Old Whores Diet....it's hilarious! And, if you really like that song, Old Whores Diet, you simply must scrounge up the version of Rufus singing live with Boy George, who's voice is still very lovelyUpdate...Fortress Guinness informs me that it's actually Antony singing with Rufus on Old Whores Diet! Oh goody, even better, and, why am I NOT surprised?
Hey, I can't help it, I am really a fag magnet right now!



I hope you all have a lovely weekend, Peace.

10 comments:

TorAa said...

What to say? I was not there. Not even invited. But for your health, sure it was superb:))

Here it is still white powder outside. And little me have put a post on my sideblog.

(I hate Microsoft help me write)

he-he. so it's life.

I really wish you a fantasy weekend

G-Man said...

Susie, you can't help who trips your trigger musically. I've listened to Leonard Cohen for over 30 years. He used to play at a buddy of mines place in the late 60's called the Sippin Lizzard. He was very young and unknown then.
As was I.....

Anonymous said...

looks like we finally got you converted huh...??? lol...

if you scroll back through my blog entries to the review of Rufus' gig in Manchester(December 2005..i think) you'll see mention of the band coming back on and doing the 'dance routine'...lol...hope you get to see him play soon Suse...take care xxx

Anonymous said...

oh...and...it's Antony singing with him on 'Old Whore's Diet' on Want 2...i think at the gig it was the guitarist or bassist singing Antony's part...!!! ;)

WDKY said...

I have to agree with you, Susie... this is good. Then again, it's an amazing song to start with.

Now, communications in Bangalore are not all they should be... what were you telling me to look at, darling?

WDKY said...

Ah look - all your Brits in one place ;-)

Logophile said...

Rufus is amazing and I love this song, the combo is
FABULOUS!
:D
I will have a lovely weekend since you suggested it.

S said...

OOOhhh It's a bloody Brit fest!

HI FG! HI WDKY! HI Logo half/brit.....

Hi Toraaaaa Hi Gman!

Stephanie said...

You Tube is mean to me.

I'll try again later.

::waves to Susie Q::

G-Man said...

Hi Cavebabe!!