Friday, May 19, 2006

55Flash Fiction Friday



Side by side in the studio they sat. Majestic purple and blue dragon, flames shooting from his nostrils, talons raised, and one little yellow bird, with black dots for eyes. Ugly Duckling, personified.
The little yellow bird looked up at the dragon lovingly,
"I want to be just like you when I grow up, daddy."


Ok, that's my 55 for this week, can't wait to read yours! OK, I know you are all (Logo) gonna say that personified thing doesn't make sense, but I'm a rebel and I'm leaving it.

(In case you were wondering, yeah, yeah, thats the stupid Woodstock head I made. I know it came out soooooo plain and boring, but what was I to do with a 2 dimensional plain yellow bird with two black dashes for eyes? (The client wanted the smile) And, I had to charge an hourly rate for my labor. I knew that they could have bought something ready made for about the same, but I will give my right arm if anyone out there can find a Woodstock head for sale!
Most importantly, the kid I made it for was ecstatic, and that's what counts! Now, let's just hope he was listening to me when I told him to make sure to put two ice packs inside that head or he is going to be one dead bird by the end of the parade!)
In case you were wondering:
newspapers: recycled
starch: 4.95
balloon: stolen from Little Rita
paint: 4.00
bottle of champagne for r and d: 20.00
blood, sweat and labor: about 7 hours
Total cost to client: way too much!!!!
Do I have a cool job or what?


Now its your turn, I can't wait to read your 55!

14 comments:

Grimstarr said...

I missed last week, sorry. Today I am in with a true story. I'll be crying in the corner. Have a great Friday Susie. Loved your story! Love ya.
TG

The lines on his face look a bit deeper than they did yesterday. He stares at the mirror. "Is that another gray hair?" he asks. There is no denying the fact. He is old. Oh, by societal standards he is still young but his bones don't feel it. Today his oldest son graduates High School.

CozyMama said...

I love Woodstock!!!!

Logophile said...

Suse~ Hon, I would never DREAM of criticizing anything you wrote, never ever. What are you talking about? I like it.

S said...

I feared a correction in the Personified department, Logo!

XX You know I loves you so much!

Stephanie said...

I DO love your job!!!!!!

Gary said...

Cautiously but suspiciously, the little yellow bird said to the dragon.
I think you've been lying to me. If you're really my daddy, then why do we look so different?
The dragon looked at the little bird and said Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

S said...

LMAO Gary! His mom was a canary!

Or, maybe his dad is really Big Bird?

lime said...

i go nuthin. i enjoyed yours. and you do have a cool job!

AndyT13 said...

OK, I admit it. I'm an idiot. I don't get it. What are we supposed to do now? :-) Thanks for the nice comment and for buying a CD! You are officially one of the cool kids now! I think Woodstock is great.

Melissa said...

Susie- your woodstock rocks!!!
~*~FYI~*~
I've got tons of goodies that I'm dropping on my blog before I go away for the weekend. It's a longweekend and we're heading out of town! An update on the birthday party and my 55 are among the listing so.. check back sometime before Monday night when I get back for all the hooplah!

Big Grins!
~Melissa

The Village Idiot said...

well done susie...well done! ahh the fruits of your labor!! and a good 55 to go with it

Minka said...

I leave the 55 flash fiction writing to teh pros. It is very hard to compete with you guys. I have already read 4 today and I just canæt keep up with that! But I enjoy reading them so very much!

Perdante said...

What an artist! Also, Is there any way that i can IM you?

WDKY said...

Okay, I need to get a feel for what's going on here... in the meantime, have a wonderful weekend, Susie x