Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Tori virgin upsets Tori Trivia Title.....


There was a major upset in the world of Torinews yesterday, as Lime from the House of Lime came out victorious as the very first winner of our very first Tori quiz.
Surpassing self proclaimed Tori experts, Lime, who has been listening to Tori for just a short time now, was forced to undergo intense scrutiny from a panel of quiz writers in order to prove that she in fact did NOT Google. Her fingernails tugged upon, toes pulled and stretched and odd angles, and various other torture methods proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Lime's perfect score of 100% was obtained fairly and squarely!
I would now like to present to Lime, the grand prize, hand selected and carried in from Nepal on the backs of yaks in a snow storm.

Yes! It's true! What I have for you Lime, is your very own teeny tiny Tori patch! Now you can be the hippest kid on the block sporting a Tori patch on your jeans, backpack, or wherever you should decide to proudly display your Tori!
Congratulations, Lime!
Be sure to check back next week for another Tori trivia quiz! Once you have already won, you cannot win again, so....go ahead...get another 100% Next week "Miss gone from Tori virgin to Tori expert in 3 months, with one arm no less!"
(I can get you protection from Lefty if ya need it!)

THIS JUST IN: The Blogger Board of Inquiry (BBI) demanded an investigation into the surprising upset in the first weekly tori quiz. Trinidadian judges strenuously objected to further squeezing of Lime. However, the Persian delegate demanded a more thorough exploration of circumstances.
As the probe commenced sources wishing to remain anonymous told investigators, "yo, i hoid it on good authority that while da citrus broad didn't google, da results ain't quite fair and square. There's more than one way to cheat, ya know!"
"We already know she can take pain but take her chocolate away and I bet she sings like a boid."
Under intense scrutiny, Lime insisted, with wagging finger and biting of lip, 'I did not google that quiz!" However, under further pressure, she admitted multiple attempts at the quiz under assumed identities.
As Lime was being dragged off in shackles, she was heard screaming, "I can be cruel, I don't know why!"

In light of this confession, we rightfully acknowledge Toofarforgotten as the winner. We take no responsibility for the repercussions that Toofarforgotten might inflict upon Lime for attempting to steal his title! Lime is being held in protective custody until further notice.
Toofarforgotten, if you are out there, you are the winner.....I don't have your email, so come forward and claim your prize!

PS If you are looking for Deserted Island Top Five, it's over here at the Idiots place! First one there gets to pick the topic today.....

14 comments:

Logophile said...

Wow, Lime, you are awesome!
That was a tough quiz and you did so well,
I am inspired.

CozyMama said...

very cool!! You go Lime. Way cute patch susie.

Logophile said...

OMG!!
I am shocked, shocked I say,
Taken aback.
I, I may have to re examine the meaning of life, and also
why there is gum stuck to my shoe...

lime said...

hey! no where in the rules did it explicitly state that we only had one shot at the quiz. it said we couldn't google and i did not google.

i am being unjustly persecuted for creative test taking procedures that followed the letter of the law.

look, look! i'm being repressed!

CyberWarlock said...

*heh* Way to beat the Kobayashi Maru there Captain Kirk ;)

(the trekies will understand the reference. The rest of you are allowed to google it :P)

lime said...

lol, cyberwarlock.....live long and prosper. (again, no googling....married to a trekkie)

S said...

Hey what are you doing out of jail, missy?

Stephanie said...

I feel so much better about my legit 70% now!!!

Bad Lime, bad!!

Lelly said...

Hey Susie! I finally played the Letters game (and, spookily, make reference to lime(s)!)

lime said...

what am i doing out of jail? i was released on my own recognizance. didn't you see all the picketers with signs saying 'free lime'?

S said...

What is this country coming to when rebellion and cheating are honored and cheered on?

ALAS!

Rob said...

What can i say!?

I'm shocked....

I Feel so betrayed!

I am extremely put out!

There will be great suffering in Gilder... oops wrong life....!

LIME How could you do it?!

QL

S said...

She meant glue on her shoe, but I forgive her.

The Persian said...

Now if you had only chosen a track off any other LP other than Venus I would have aced it (legitimitely I might add hehe). You could even have hit the bsides.

Well I completely respect Mz. Lime for her honesty. *hugs*