Tuesday, May 16, 2006

That game with the letters, and Tori too!



This is how it works: Comment on this entry and I will give you a letter. Write ten words beginning with that letter in your journal, including an explanation of what the word means to you and why, and then pass out letters to those who want to play along. Of course If you want to comment but not be assigned a letter, that's an option too. So I'll only assign letters to those who specifically ask for them.

So here's the Susie twist...you know I must have visuals. Here we go!



Samosa - A samosa is a vegetable or meat filled Indian pastry. My favorite are aloo mattar (which is potato and peas for you, Logo). I love to eat them with all types of chutneys, and I love to make them too. I have a giant scar on my arm from when a tsunami of hot boiling oil rose up in rebellion from a monstrous samosa and splashed onto my arm. Get right back on that bike and ride, I say!



Spices- I love to cook Indian and Italian food, and what would I do without my spice stash? I cannot live without my oregano, thyme, rosemary, black pepper, cumin, curry, chili powder, garam masala, panch pora....and so many others. I have so many spices that when you open the cabinets, they fall out on the floor!




Suede and Sugar - Two of my favorite Tori songs! Tori said I could skip Tori Tuesday today if I promised to mention her in my S words. Of course, Tori, of course! My day wouldn't be complete without you.




Sunshine - need it, gotta have it!




Sandals - I love shoes, all kinds. I even appreciate Manolo's. But for real walking and life, I prefer barefoot or open toed sandals like my chacos here. I don't have any tennis shoes, or whatever they are called....and I don't know how to buy them so that they don't make my feet cry out in horror. Someday I will buy some running shoes, and maybe become like Forrest Gump, that's how I get sometimes about stuff.




Simple - that about covers it.



Smile - Well, you know..... smiling is good for you! Giving smiles is good too. You can break a lot of ice with a friendly smile.




Saree - A traditional Indian woman's garment. I chose this word because I love sarees. I like to wear them, and I like to cut them up and make fabulous clothing and stuff out of them. The borders are fabulous! They are also really fun to use for decorating, because you have a lot of yardage in one saree.




Southpaw - I am a lefty and I cannot help it. One day, like Ned Flanders, I will open up a Leftorium at the mall. My offspring shall inherit my Leftorium because she is left handed too!
Never again will I dream of a left handed manual can opener, or an ice cream scoop with that lever thing on the proper side. I will be able to pour water from a pitcher without spilling it, because the pour spout will be in the left place! :P

OK there ya have it. Let me know if you want a letter!
If you need more Tori be sure to check out Aerik and PG's Sites!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay...!!! i get the first letter...!!!
amazing how you manage to fit so much Indian stuff into all this huh Suse... ;)

S said...

OK Freshy you get a Z....LMAO~

Lelly said...

I'll play Susie...but am away for the next couple of days...I'm a southpaw too, btw!

S said...

OK Lelly you get L!

Sidewaysagain said...

I'll play, but please give me a nice letter, like B, R, L, or M.

Yr lucky I'm home early from work!

Love Ya! -SSS

CozyMama said...

good words!!! i like how you did each one. I have a new look over on my blog!!!

Logophile said...

I just got a letter from Lime, so I will do this too...soonish.

Fun list, and I love the VISUALS.
OK, so when you finally get your ass up here we will add an Indian dinner to our must do list.

Stephanie said...

Great S stuff Susie Q!!! And, I too loved the visuals!!

The Persian said...

omg Samosa's look so good! I named my cat Suede (guess why!!) and Sugar well...

"When they find you got a leeetle in heeeeeere, tell me what you think they'll do?"

oh man that song gives me a rush!

Happy Tori Tuesday Baby!!!

Happy Hiker said...

Fun Fun! I will take a letter. I am ambidextrous. (left and right) They say lefties are in their right mind. (whoever they are)

CyberWarlock said...

You forgot to include "S is for Slacker, who has been Slacking off on her Tori Tuesday posts lately" ;) *heh* Happy Tori Tuesday anyway :)

Anonymous said...

Z...???!!! bloody Z...???!!!
you great big pain in the arse suse....lmao

Queenmatrai said...

mmmmm samosa...

And S for Sri Sri as welll - never went back to meet him :)

Long story will tell

Noojes

S said...

Happy Hiker, your blog is freezing my computer....I think I deleted some "good cookies"......because it's doing that at a few sites now....


I give you a T for Tori......

Could someone go over there to Happy Hikers and give her a T for me?

Happy Hiker said...

Hmmmm... freezing up eh? I will have to check into that on my end. Thanks for the heads up. O.K. I will have my T stuff posted by tomorrow. Thanks

lime said...

awesome list. i'll shop at your leftorium for my dad and motherinlaw. great visuals too

crazycatlady said...

cool game...interesting to see what other people come up with. I'm in...

Minka said...

Hey, I just did mine. Logo gave me the Q!