Saturday, July 22, 2006

Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'. Tossed salad and scrambled eggs...


Ok People, I'm outa here for awhile...but I might pop up here, here, or maybe even here, who knows!

But before I do, here's a little Seattle story for you. I was actually at the Seattle Worlds Fair in 1965. What perfect timing! Ok, I was only 4 years old, but I remember being there, and winning this little porcelain black panther. Why was the fair still open three years after it debuted? I have no idea...but I was there, I swear it!


Ok, so here's the other thing that happened there....my sister and brother and I were staying in a big hotel with my mom, because we were in the process of moving to Alaska. So, there I am, clutching my little black panther that I had just won, on our way up to our room. The elevator doors open and I step in. The elevator doors close. But...wait! Mommmmm? Jeanne? Jimmy? Where is my mommyyyyyyyy???? Where are my siblings?

Then I glance at the elevator buttons, there must've been 500 of them lit up! I have no idea what floor we are staying on. Heck! I barely know what an elevator is! Just then the door opens, and I step out into this enormous hallway, red carpet, red walls, huge paintings with tacky gold frames. What th'?

So there I am, 4 1/2 years old, standing there, all alone, petrified, red curtains, carpet, walls and everything. Then a man approached me and asked me if I needed help. Now fortunately, in those days, a kid could still get lost without ending up on the back of a milk carton. This nice man took my hand, and back into the elevator, and when the doors opened on the lobby, there was my mom, and a slew of hotel employees all set to search for me. Boy, was I relieved!
And that is my earliest memory of Seattle! See you all when I get back!





The Blob


A very blobby elephant sign.


Big, red and blobbity!


Total blobby!


Double gigantic blobaliciousness!

Ok, what's the deal with Seattle and big blobby things?

Leave me some love notes! Bye everyone!

26 comments:

Logophile said...

Get your ass up here already!!
Mwah!

Logophile said...

I haven't been able to get into Messenger either!
bastid
Got up to the 90s here, we went to the river this afternoon, and this is the Puget Sound, what the heck?!

Perdante said...

YOURE GOING TO SEATTLE!!?!?!?!?!why arent you taking your hipster neice??

Hobbes said...

Happy vacation. The same hotel thing happened to me in NYC, but I went to the basement, where a maid rescued me.
weirsdo

Fig said...

sigh

very jealous i am

very

have a lovely time!
hug logo for me
kick the idiot for me
drink some coffee for me...
yeah that's right
I said drink some damn coffee for me!

lime said...

i'm soooooooooooooooo envious. i'm, why i'm lime green with envy!

you're seattle memory sounds like my hershey park memory.

have some blobalicious fun but not so much that you make snavy and me cry.

Grimstarr said...

Have a safe trip hun ... and stay out of the effin elevators. They are insidious! Luv ya!

Hale McKay said...

That's a nice memory of your youth. I really like the pic of the Space Needle and the moon in the sky.

Queenmatrai said...

SUSIE
I got your five answers right here on my blog...
Come on over

~noojes

RennyBA said...

Haven't been here for a while - sorry! But saw in your comments at Noojes, that you are going on vacation. Then I will like to wish you the very best, lovely, nice and exciting trip to you and your family!
Please keep us posted!

Stephanie said...

Have a great time missy!!

I so wish I was going too.

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

oi you...you bugger off without even an offline...??? sheesh...

ok well...have a nice time up/over there...meanwhile you've kept the foot fetish guys happy i suppose...lol...xxx

Fred said...

Have a great time!

Breazy said...

Have fun girl ! I just got back from my vacation so I am trying to get settled back in!

Anonymous said...

a love note..

love your writing
love your looks
love your laughter
and Tori Amos hooks
love your blog
and mr rathburn too
love your world
and the colorful you

Have a safe fun trip.
lata
Tc

Gary said...

I agree. Stat out of the elevators. You never know where you might end up.

I wish I was going to Seattle. I'll bet the weather is nice and cool.

Lelly said...

Hope you have a wonderful time Susie! (Too busy to post or visit blogchums regularly at the moment, but like to keep an eye on my favourites...and yes, I will be copying and pasting this comment, well apart from the reference to 'Susie'!)x

CozyMama said...

oh no....I was looking forward to your comment today for HNT.. and your hnt.

Hobbes said...

A love note
Dear Oggette,
I am a wealthy celebrity gymnast and medical professional seeking a discreet relationship with a fun-loving babe such as yourself. You can even bring you're marshan friend along if you get her out from under the burro!!
If you are interested, and who wouldn't be?, please drop me a line in the "Pansi Files" comment box.
Tx babalicious!!!
Dr. Doo-Doo

The Lily said...

Have a great time!! See you later!

Queenmatrai said...

Oi why arent u back yet?

noojes

Fred said...

Based on what I read at Logo's place, looks like you guys are having fun!

Charles Caldwell said...

I'm not envious that you're in Seattle cause you're probably more envious that I am in India... Mumbai to be specific. On my way to Bangalore tomorrow and then Delhi after that.

Polyman2 said...

Seattle looks like a good place.

Anonymous said...

hey Suse...!!! where the hell are you...???!!! we're missin' ya like crazy here...!!! i read the stuff on Logo and Idiot's blog's but couldn't comment on them...same trouble that i have with Lime's blog it seems...dammit...anywayyyy...hope you had a great time...but let us know you're back ASAP...!!! ok...??? xxx

LZ Blogger said...

4 and a half? SCAREY! But it all worked out OK! Hope you have a nice trip~ jb///