Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Little squishy purple ball things... will make you die.....


Shamelessly stolen from somewhere off the web:

Carson Daly Prods, has signed talent/development deal with Brooke "Brookers" Brodack, who has made quite a name for herself on YouTube. We're sure you do, but just in case you don't know what YouTube is, it's a phenomenally popular Web site that holds videos watched at the rate of about 40m per day.
Brookers, as she's known as by tens of millions of YouTube viewers has been posting videos for about nine months, mostly featuring her doing pieces to camera, often miming to sound tracks.
The one that brought her to wide attention was her homage to Gary Brolsma's Numa Numa.

It's clear that Brookers has gone a number of steps beyond just plonking herself in front of her Web cam (as many homages do), they're more of a production, using changing camera angles and locations.
Of course it's not all about TV deals, realising the size of her audience, she's recently posted an entry asking for people to donate to her car fund. Very cheeky.
How many people will continue to be able to show their talent like this in the future isn't clear as various music industry voices have been talking about stopping 'their music' in personal videos. Strange - we thought it actually promoted the music.


If you havent already, check out Brookers News!
And this, Brookers My United States of Whatever!

Ok I think this chick is totally cool! Check her out! Yeah yeah, this is teeny bopper stuff, WHATEVAH!!!!

And, while I'm pimping people out, be sure to check out IDIOTS PARADISE today where the Idiot and I must deal with Mutiny on a Deserted Island! The natives are restless folks, I'd get over there while you still canwe are still alive!

8 comments:

RennyBA said...

Thanks for sharing this fun thing - it gave me a good start to my day:-)
I use YouTube too and it is very convinient if you like to share vids on your blog.
Happy hump day to you and your family!

lime said...

lmao @ her news cast. i have a big orange squishy ball thing. will that make me die?

Stephanie said...

I love YouTube!! That's where my nieces first found The Llama Song - I know how much you love that one.

Lelly said...

Wow...'My United States of Whatever'...what a fantabulous song! Wish I could buy it! Cheers for that darlin'!

S said...

Yes Lime, I am afraid that large squishy orange thing..will make you....die!

Amber said...

According to Brookers, I am going to die soon from watching American Idol.

Anonymous said...

i really think it's time you got yourself a proper day job suse....snigger snigger... ;-) xxx

Fred said...

It's amazing how people can make money nowadays. And to think I had it made when I started teaching. Hrmpff.