Sunday, December 10, 2006

6 Weird Things About Mr Ratburn!


I've been tagged by Spitty, Evalee, and um, I think, Jillie, and probably about 6 other people to do the weird things list again...well, I have done it twice, yes twice....and so, I present, instead, 6 weird things about Mr Ratburn.

1. Mr Ratburn has been known to hunt down barristas with partners in crime, at closing time, forcing them to surrender prime coffee beans, even pounding on the glass window to get them to open the door. Fortunately, he and said partner in crime are good tippers!

2. When Mr Ratburn eats, he must have 3 items on his plate. If there aren't three items on his plate, he will get up and scour the kitchen for a third item, a pickle, a slice of bread, a carrot, whatever, but there has to be three! (or more, cuz he has the fastest metabolism in the west!)

3. Mr Ratburn cannot sleep if the dishes are not done. That is his job, I don't do dishes. For me, this wierd trait is a very good thing!

4. All items on Ratburns desk must be either perpendicular or parallel to the desk edge. He now has a desk that is shaped like an egg...but somehow, he has still managed to find right angles. (I love to run by and mess up his desk when he is not looking!)

5. Every night, Mr Ratburn sets out his "little outfit" on a hanger, complete with matching socks, which either Little Rita or I must help him select, because he is color blind. (I like to run by and mess up his "little outfit" when he's not looking!)

6. Little Rita has a real stethescope.....often, I will come into her room to find Mr Ratburn listening to his stomach, heart and bowel sounds while he and LR read together. Why does he do this? I have no idea, but now, when I hang out on Little Ritas bed with her, I find myself looking for the stethescope!

Ok that's just too weird! Not tagging anyone...play if you wanna...and I forgot all who tagged me, but erm, wow, I really feel extra weird now!

"We're not weird, but Mr Ratburn is!!!!"

3 India

17 comments:

Osbasso said...

Yer weird for being with the guy! Have a good trip, and happy holidays to you, too!

lime said...

mr lime has some similar weirdnesses and i take similar delight in running past and messing things up. we are clearly evil, you and i.....i have been specifically tagged for the 4th time on this.....i can't believe it.

Gary said...

I have never heard of that "three items on a plate" thing, but it saounds like a good idea. I may start doing it myself. :)

Logophile said...

Susie,
OMG!
Ratburn is almost as freaky as you!!
:p
That coffee thing is completely normal though, ok, so this is really just a list of 5 things.

RennyBA said...

Mr. Ratburn seams to be a great companion on your life time road and you really deserves that.

Wishing you a lovely trip to India Susie and of course I will check in for updates! Wishing you a safe trip and welcome back in advance:-)

Anonymous said...

He's weird with a capital W...sheesh! Good thing he has a loving family.

~art said...

love the post

Anonymous said...

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHa.....my favorite list yet.

Seriously, I love quirks. BUT A STETHOSCOPE?

HHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHA

*hearts the six weird of the Boss and Ratburn*

AndyT13 said...

I'm still depressed about the pooch. PLus I feel crappy because of this cold I'm fighting. You inspired me to post my 6 weird things though so here I go.

CozyMama said...

1st off you look adorable in that pic - so young....Ok, those are a little weird and quite cute at the same time. you got a good one.

jillie said...

HAHA...funny stuff. I see some similarities, like the dishes but as I am getting older, I keep hoping that one day the house fairies will come and do them if I leave them.
Your trip is almost here! I am so excited for you! GREAT picture...you are so pretty!

Anonymous said...

I've met Mr. Ratburn and although he's a decidedly delightful fellow, he is a bit weird. I guess that's why you two are so well suited for each other. Ha! Ha! The right angles thing rings a bell for me, but on my kitchen counter we have a toaster oven which sits at an angle and I tend to line everything up with it instead. Especially the knife block. We have a few round items such as a fruit bowl and an orchid plant potted in a round ceramic vase. I'm always moving them side to side so they are spaced apart just right, but I'm rarely satified. Perhaps it's because they mess up my 45 degree angle grid system?

Best of luck to you on your travels. May the saints and stars all be in your favor. We'll be watching for updates and photo's on your blog.

Stephanie said...

that might just be the weirdest weird list i've seen so far

ok - i have to go finish mine

Amber said...

OMG how funny. I have the same problem straightening things out on my dresser and nightstand. And I also can't sllep if there is dirty dishes or a mess in my room, or if my blanket and sheets aren't straight.

Anonymous said...

Listening to bowel sounds?

I'm not going there ... ;)

barman said...

Have a safe trip and hear from you soon. Enjoy your time away.

Anonymous said...

a 7th weird thing about Ratburn...

he's married to you, ya freak...!!!! LMAO...!!!! ;P xxx