Sunday, December 31, 2006

Subh Nava Sal from Goa!


Hello everyone! It's New Years Eve in Goa! Last night Karen and I got an early start on the celebrating by hanging out in the hotel bar for .....erm.....5 hours watching football (yeah yeah thats soccer!) I watched Liverpool slay London, and while I was the only Scouser fan in the bar, I still survived! See that Ian, I rooted for L'pool..but when I told them you were an Everton fan, they told me that was impossible!
This hotel is full of Brits, and we just had the best time chatting with them. I find the alcohol capacity of some people to be absolutely amazing, as I was seriously having a tough time balancing myself on the bar stool after a short while. Note to self: never sit crossed legged on a bar stool after 2 shots of Whiskey lest you forget you are a lady in a sundress! Don't worry, I was shortly reminded! Heh!
This morning I got up at 8:30 and went out to the beach to watch fisherman and Indian people swimming in the ocean with their clothes on! And we think that having sand in our bathing suit bottoms is a problem!
I saw some lovely shells that I thought I would bring home to Little Rita. So, I picked one up, and a little set of crab legs wriggled out from inside.....I let out a little squeal and dropped that puppy back in the sand and watched him crawl away. Then every cool shell I picked up after that was also occupied! I tickled some of their legs and watched them run away.
Today I plan to relax and shop and then tonight we are going to party like it's 1999! We met some nice English lads who we hope will let us tag along to some other parties as I guess our hotel party will be more like the over 55 set....no no no i'm not there yet, betas!




I hope you all have a lovely New Year, and I thank you all for being around.....it's so fun to blog this trip and I promise I will come back to your blogs as I return to California on January 7th.
Best to you all, and hugs and kisses to Mister Ratburn and Little Rita, I hope you had fun at Disneyworld!
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

9 comments:

Osbasso said...

Happy New Year, Susie!

Queenmatrai said...

Ahh the joys of Goa
WIsh I were there
sigh

have a great time tonight

noojes

Anonymous said...

Love the rainbow of beautiful colors in your photo! Happiest of New Year's Eve wishes to you and Karen. We'll be brining up the rear when the bells gong here in So Cal. Hard to believe you only have 1 week left till you're home. Make it a great week! Love, kisses and hugs.

Sidewaysagain said...

It's been so much fun reading about your trip As It Happens!

Wish you much joy and happyness in 2007 and most of all a safe journey home.

Cheers. -SSS

lime said...

oh those little tents are gorgeous! the seashells are too funny.

well you've seen 2007 before us. here's to a better 2007 than 2006 was!

CozyMama said...

all your pics are so beautiful, happy new year my dear.

Breazy said...

Happy New Year to you too !

RennyBA said...

Surviving 5 hours watching football - you always amazing me LoL!

The world is spinning around alright. While I write this, you have already started the New Year - I have about an hour left - and your family in US hasn't even started the celebration:-)

Happy New Year, Susie!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR SUSE...!!! glad to see you're having a good time in Goa...!!! ahem...you rooted for Liverpool...???!!! and they were playing 'London'...???!!! and which of the 8 or 9 teams in London would that be...??? lol...anyway, my dear, we need to talk about local sporting rivalries sometime...!!! but thank you for supporting the greater Merseyside area anyway, bless you...!!!
hahahaha...xxx