Monday, December 04, 2006

Monday.....12/04/2006

"Do you have any homes in my price range?"
"That would depend- How do you feel about cardboard?"

This is one of my favorite cartoons. I've had it on our refrigerator for 3 years. We even showed it to a couple of realtors who struggled mightily to find us a house that was under half a million bucks that wasn't falling down, in a bad neighborhood, or termite ridden.
They didn't think the joke was so funny. They also didn't sell us a house!
~
I want to thank each and every one of you for all of the wonderful birthday wishes! I really mean it guys, I feel the love! And, after all of your wonderful comments, I sure as heck don't feel old, either! Bloggy peeps, you are the best!

As you can see, I've got just over a week left before I go to India. Yes, I am getting nervous, and thinking about leaving my family....that's the only bad part, I have to tell you. Well, that, and my Rio. That will come too, this Friday. My poor old doggy is not doing so well, but this week promises to be warm and sunny and beautiful, and I think, made just for doggies to lie in the grass and enjoy. I think I will need to feel much, much more love this week too, bloggy peeps!
(PS Yes, Lime and FG, it's happening again....I'm turning into the traveling crybaby! Heavens knows, you've both seen it enough times before!)
~
Have a great Monday!


India 9

11 comments:

barman said...

Oh man homes are so pricey where you are. I saw this one place once in you neck of the woods. It was tall and skinny and attached to other homes. I assume it did not have a yard to speak of. I think if you were to lay the wrong way you would bump into both walls for how skinny it was. I think that home was about $240,000 and that was over 18 years ago. Mine was under $100,000 and sits on a quarter acer oh and it is in a nice neighborhood. Maybe you should by a home in Michigan and move it to where you live. :)

That has to be hard with your dog. Just remember that (I assume) you gave Rio a good life. You both are better off having each other in your lives. At least you are doing this. My sister hung on way longer than she should and Rusty (their dog) suffered a lot during that time. You are doing the right thing. Just think of all the good times.

jillie said...

I hear you on the pricey! There is a house 2 blocks from me not even 800 sq.ft 2br/1ba for $650,000.00!!! WTF?!?

Enjoy you days with Rio and Rio will be riding the rainbows and will be forever young again. Barman is right, you are doing the right thing. I know what you are going through and it's hard no matter what.

Logophile said...

mwah!

Anonymous said...

By the coloring of it, it appears that you have had it on your refrigerator since the days of the ice man ... and that the ice box was outside for the last few decades.

RennyBA said...

First of all glad to hear that you survived through your birthday celebrations this weekend:-)

Sorry to hear about your dog, but you are doing the right thing I think!

Envying you the trip to India, but do understand your mixed feeling. But once you are there, I know you will have a great time.

Meanwhile, have a lovely week ahead:-)

lime said...

lol, you know where to find me when you hit india and need an internet cafe sweetie! big hugs and no tsunamis this time!

CozyMama said...

that cartoon is for me. We are so broke.

~art said...

glad you had a good birthday. Can I climb in your luggage?

Anonymous said...

Losing an old friend is such a hard thing to go through. Last summer we said goodbye to our 15 yr. old German Shepherd. Take comfort in knowing you gave Rio a happy, loving life with your family. ((hugs))

Breazy said...

I like the cartoon too. I am glad we are building because I am a picky person at times so a realtor would hate me . Hugs to you birthday girl!

Anonymous said...

hugs and kisses babe...hugs and kisses xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx