Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Mangalore



Have you ever sweated so much that you thought the only thing left of you at the end of the day was going to be a big puddle of water on the floor?
I have.
I looked down, and my body was still here, though! Surprise surprise!
We are off to Goa tomorrow and I am really looking forward to getting into this book I have with me, House of Sand and Fog. I am sure you have seen the movie. I have read the first chapter, and I know I am going to love it. A good book, a Kingfisher and a lounge chair by my pool in my overpriced hotel in Goa..that's what I am looking forward to!
By the way, I think I am finally not sick anymore. I think that the lovely swimming pool here at Summer Sands was the perfect thing to finally break the fever.....4 days having a fever was starting to worry me. But I think I will be ok now.
Time to go reduce my body temperature again, by falling into the pool!


This is our little bungalow at Summer Sands. This morning, three nice dogs came onto our porch for a little shade, and laid down for a little visit. I think I am attracting nice doggies right now, because I miss my Rio. Thank you for the little bit of love, sweet Mangalore doggies!


Take care betas, miss you Mister Ratburn and my Little Rita! YYYYYYYYYYYYY

14 comments:

lime said...

very glad you finally seem to be healthy. enjoy goa!!

mr ratburn said...

ahh the gods, and there are so many of them in india, have sent you the healing dogs...
cute place...swimming in the sun sounds fun, and that is what we are about to do too...
love ya
g & h

Anonymous said...

Sipping a brewski poolside, Ahhh! that's what vacations are all about. Enjoy!

jillie said...

I think Rio was telling her doggy friends to look after her mommy! Sounds like you are really having the time of your life. Ever thought of writing a book?

Stephanie said...

It was a very good movie. I hope you enjoy the read.

Have a great time in Goa!!

Breazy said...

So glad you are getting better now . Have fun and be safe !

Logophile said...

Lovely, glad you are feeling better and the pool sounds lovely.
I can't believe you are dripping sweat while I am freezing my ass off waiting for weather suitable for riding Red Molly.
:p

RennyBA said...

Good to hear that you are back in bood shape and thanks for keeping us posted - this was a great read too!

Btw: I saw a program from India at a Norwegian channel, but you wasn't there:-( That's why I had to hurry here to see that you where okay:-)

Anonymous said...

Goa is so cool! The thing about the body melting, I get that everyday. I am currently sitting infront of a fan with the AC cranked right up! I love it.

Anonymous said...

looks like a really nice place there suse...glad you have some refuge from the kids...!!! all my family came to the house yesterday...cait and craig announed their engagement...!!! wow, do i feel old...!!! danny is still growing, he's heading for six and a half feet for sure...!!! looking forward to reports from Goa...!!! glad you're well now, take care xxx

Anonymous said...

hey...glad you made it to Goa ok...!!! i am about to go to bed, as my senora arrives tomorrow at midday, on the back of a severe gale by the looks of the weather forecast...!!! god, i hope she's packed her gloves and scarf...!!!
want a report ASAP...!!! ;) xxx

jillie said...

You know, with all the weight you lost from sweating I think some how you sent it all to me! LOL...I now have a New Years resolution.

So glad to hear your still having fun

Anonymous said...

It's like reading an adventure story from my childhood, sitting here in the winterdarkness in Scandinavia. I love "travelling" letters, and from you it's something special and personal. The way you write. Keep up and have a good time in Goa. We are going to a small town in Southern Norway, Fredrikstad, for the New years festivitas.

Happy New Year

CozyMama said...

dang i want that bungalow..glad the fever broke.