Monday, November 28, 2005

Me Me Monday


It's all about me, so deal with it!





I am learning to do woodworking. Here is a footstool that I made in woodshop class. I used leftover 2 x 12's. It's so sturdy an elephant could stand on it!






















After looking for years for a shoe rack that could hold the shoe collection of this family, I decided to make my own. This rack has about 40 pair of shoes on it! Even Imelda would like it, I think! We didn't wanna risk losing the shoe rack in our house, so we painted it Sour Apple Green! Woo hoo! Don't worry kids, it's
fastened to the wall...go ahead and climb on it, it wont fall!



















This is a little cabinet that holds mail and stamps etc. It has over 40 router cuts on it. The project was supposed to get you really familiar with the router, setting the bits, adjusting the size of the cuts, getting to know that router like the back of your own hand. All it did for me was make me hate that fricking router, and leave me more confused than when I started. The cabinet is useful though!




















So there you have it, this semesters projects....if you dont count the really bad attempts at using a lathe to make candle holder shaped thingies. I ended up with more wood chips down my bra than were on the floor.....icky! Notice I'm not showing the candle holder shaped wood thingies?

9 comments:

Logophile said...

Susie, you know for Christmas I would love some wooden candle holders *snicker snicker*
You are so HANDY!!!
I love your mail holder cabinet, and the shoe shelf is fab, we need something like that in our coat closet.

The Village Idiot said...

Love the shoe rack and the green..isnt it nice ot have a friend who is a painter?

lime said...

great stuff. so cool that youmade it yourself. come teach me? i need a shoe rack thingy!

Stephanie said...

I am so impressed!!! Your talents seem to be endless!!! Yay Susie!!

Sidewaysagain said...

So that's what's been keeping you so busy. Great stuff. Now take Metal shop and Drafting, and you'll know what all junior high school boys go through. Keep up the good work!

Robin said...

I am SO impressed!

Bsoholic said...

Right on! Those are some nice projects!

Leesa said...

Wow..I really need that shoe rack!! A couple at least!

admin said...

Nice projects. Keep posting more.