Tuesday, November 08, 2005

TORI TUESDAY!

Acckk!
Tori with her first band Y Kant Tori Read? Eeeek! What's up with the hair? Oh yeah, I remember now....the 80's!































Tori now, thank goodness! What a doll!


Stuff you need to know about Tori~

Tori's birth name is Myra Ellen Amos.
She was born in North Carolina and raised in Maryland.
Tori's father is a Methodist preacher.
She began playing piano at the age of two, and began performing in her church choir at age 4.
She was awarded a scholarship to Baltimore's Peabody Conservatory.
Her first release, a complete flop, was called Y Kant Tori Read.
Tori is married to a brit named Mark, lives in Cornwall, England, and has one daughter named Natasha.

Tori calls her fans Ears With Feet, aka EWF's.
Her lyrics are sometimes totally so crazy that noone can figure out what the heck she's talking about! (see below)


Mr. Zebra

Hello Mr. Zebra
Can I have your sweater
cause it's cold cold cold
in my hole hole hole
Ratatouille Strychnine
Sometimes she's a friend of mine
with a gigantic whirlpool
that will blow your mind
Hello Mr. Zebra
Ran into some confusion
with a Mrs. Crocodile
Furry mussels marching on
She thinks she's Kaiser Wilhelm
or a civilized syllabub
to blow your mind
Figure it out
She's a goodtime fella
She's got a little fund to fight
for Moneypenny's rights
Figure it out
She's a goodtime fella
Too bad the burial was premature
she said and smiled

And furthermore, Tori does NOT sound like Kate Bush....ohhh man, I hate that!
Happy Tori Tuesday everyone!

11 comments:

Logophile said...

Uuuuum,
how much do I have to spend on herbs at Venice Beach before that starts making sense to me?

word veri~capqadig

Isn't that where Ted K killed that chick?

CozyMama said...

whoa, those lyrics are odd!!!

lime said...

all i can say is i am glad i was anti fashion sense in the 80s....no big hair pictures of me lurking around anywhere. those are som eweird lyrics. what was she smoking when she wrote that?

Stephanie said...

I had that exact hair in the 80's!

Happy Tori Tuesday!!

The Village Idiot said...

I completely understood that! It's like so totally trippy man

I just emptied my mind....and sucked it up...wait

My mind is already empty

Happy Hiker said...

When I was at her Scarlet's Walk concert in Duluth a couple years back, she brought Natasha on stage with her when the audience was clapping for an encore. It was really cute.

To this day I cannot figure out the lyrics to "Mr. Zebra." To me, it seems like she is talking about herself as a mouse, (hole and strychnine), and is refrencing different anminals that are actually people in her life.

Who knows?

Pirate said...

she's hot though.

Bsoholic said...

Excellent.

The 'modern' photo of her is awesome!

Happy Tori Tuesday to you too!

*Monica said...

I love her.

Bsoholic said...

Ah, just got finished listening to 'Scarlets Walk' (hadn't heard it in a month or so)- Great album!

CyberWarlock said...

That's one of my favorite tunes @Mr. Zebra. Oddly enough, it was playing on my LaunchCast (the Live version from to Venus and Back) when I decided to Google "Tori Tuesday" and found this page. Coincidence? :)