Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Showing Off A Little

If any of you have ever wondered what I do when I'm not blogging, I am a textile artist, and one of the most enjoyable things about this profession is making all sorts of crazy costumes for Halloween and other occasions. Here, I present myself, Mr Ratburn http://myownpersonaltorture.blogspot.com/, and Little Rita in our Halloween finest!


Barefoot Mistress in shoes, stockings and makeup! A real rarity!



Mr Ratburn as Patrick Star. Who knew that this costume would make him the cult hero of Halloween weekend? Patrick was hugged, chased, pounced upon, pummeled, hugged some more, tickled and had his hand shaken by every jr high aged kid in our town. Finally, a rascal stole Patricks balloon and ran away with it....what a sight watching a 7' tall pink seastar chase a kid throughout the carnival! Becoming exhausted from so much physical attention, Mr Ratburn finally hid the costume away for the rest of the night!


Little Rita as Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. Mind you, this town is full of "we dont allow our kids to watch THAT sort of stuff" people, but those who recognized the Sally character, loved her! Notice Sallys slotted wooden spoon for straining frogs breath soup!

10 comments:

lime said...

too cute! what great costumes! can ya make mine next year? hehehe

CozyMama said...

OMG!!! What fun!! I love the sally costume. Don't allow them to watch it, what a crock!

Logophile said...

You are so cool, the parents here waited till the 31st, checked out what was on sale and threw stuff together.
You rock!

CozyMama said...

hey - the book on my blog is set in 2011, it is not the same President. Just thought you would want to know.

Drywall Mom said...

I loved the nightmare before christmas. I want to go see the one with Johnny Depp in the Corpse Bride.

Bsoholic said...

Right on! Those are some great costumes.

The Village Idiot said...

Clowns Scare me....they are second on my list...right after Seattle Bus Drivers.


And man! I can't believe how big she is..seems like yesterday she was a kindergartner

Stephanie said...

Great costumes!! You are soooo talented!!!

Leesa said...

Those are great! I love the Sally costume! I want one! :)

John said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.