Friday, November 18, 2005

Stuff Portrait Kitty Cat Friday- The Past, Present and Future

I chose to do my Stuff Portrait Friday on past, present and future kitties!

This is Coco. She was my cat for 17 years. She had 5 inch long hair! In the summer, we had to shave her tummy because it was all natty dreads. Coco was also allergic to all sorts of stuff, thats why her bottom lip is fat. Oh man, I loved her....17 years is a good, long life for a cat! To spend a large part of your adult life with one cat, that is really special. Sheesh, that makes me feel old!

Most of you have already met Oaty! She represents the present! When Coco died, we said we'd not get a cat until we no longer had a dog, (who occasionally will attempt to make dog food out of a cat, eek!) We lasted 5 weeks without a cat. How could anyone resist Oaty? Sheesh, what a sweetheart she is! Her entire name, given to her by Little Rita? Cleopatra Cleo Ohhh Oatmeal Oaty Clark Clarice Byron...there are probably more names that I dont know about....anyway, I just call her Oaty.


And finally, the future I have represented by the little kitties you see here, which means, I will always have kitties. One day, I want to have a litter of kitties to take care of. How could anyone resist?

16 comments:

MamaKBear said...

AWWWWWW!!! My heart just went to pieces at that pic of the kittens!

I used to have a cat just like your black one...her name was Spooky.

I also had a cat while I was growing up that was 16 when she died.

I'm a definite cat person, and I sooo miss having one!
Happy HNT!

MamaKBear said...

HNT?? N/M wrong pics...but I still like your kitties!

Bsoholic said...

Coco sure was cute! 17 years is a while. My Kiki is pushing 12 or 13 years - I worry about her.

Logophile said...

You rule breaker!
:p
I likes your cats, such pretty pussies.

CozyMama said...

I love cats, had mine for like 8 years now. And have always had one since leaving home.

Leesa said...

What cuties...I love taking care of cats too....I had a litter of them to take care of once too, it's really fun. I had a cat live to be 23!

Happy Hiker said...

Ohh those kittens are so dang cute.
My kitty is a tuxedo, but he is only 8 months, so I can't really do a past, present quite yet.

Stephanie said...

OMG --- so cute!!! I am very allergic but love kitties!! Accchhhooooo!!! Happy Friday!!

Fig said...

I miss having kitties around! So cute!

The Village Idiot said...

Your Coco reminds me of Eli..our huge 20 lb persian/ragdoll mix

lime said...

i'msneezing just looking at all those cats. hehehe. cute post even if ya broke the rules:P

Drywall Mom said...

I love cats, as long as they are outside cats. My husband is allergic to them. His eyes get red and swell up. I just wish that I had a yard to put on in.

S said...

I like breaking rules! I forgot, no pets allowed, but you know what? I dont care! :D
Seriously though, I dont have any pictures of my past on computer, sheesh, computers weren't invented then! If I did, I would have posted a pic of mysefl in high school, in which I look like im about 10!

Nature Girl said...

OMGosh..I want one I want one! They are adorable! I played too! Stacie

Perdante said...

AW KITTAY!1

Dr Society said...

The last person stole my commetn! I love cats and have one that a friend helped me pick out at the shelter in Hays, Kansas,. I wish I could adopt one of those kittens.